"The Farm" Tournament - OFFICIAL SIGN-UP

Everyone please remember that game results should be reported directly to me via email by both players.

I would suggest you show which games have reported in and keep it updated, that helps encourage those that are not completed to get with the program.

Just a suggestion, I ran 3 tournaments and the players appreciate it.

You would not need to report who won if you want to wait on that aspect of it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would suggest you show which games have reported in and keep it updated, that helps encourage those that are not completed to get with the program.

Just a suggestion, I ran 3 tournaments and the players appreciate it.

You would not need to report who won if you want to wait on that aspect of it.

I was planning to post an update once half the games were completed. We are just shy of that right now.

Ideally I'd be able to keep an up-to-date list in the first post in the thread, but the editing limitations on this board make that impossible.

Yep, cease fire. You tell the game you want a cease fire (menu button, pick the cease fire command). Then you ship your turn off and your opponent dose the same. The game will end after that turn. A cease fire is better than a surrender because it counts the points as the game stands instead of giving a total victory to your opponent.

Surrender also does not give total victory -- I know for sure from this scenario. I'm not sure a surrender is scored any differently from a ceasefire.

I think you might be right, I think that has been changed, it was CMX1 that did that, now with the new scoring concepts, surrender does not just give everything to the opponant, but I am not sure. Never use it enough to know how it works, cease fire is good unless the opponant has one or two men in a victory zone and is trying to take advantage of it.

I think you might be right, I think that has been changed, it was CMX1 that did that, now with the new scoring concepts, surrender does not just give everything to the opponant, but I am not sure. Never use it enough to know how it works, cease fire is good unless the opponant has one or two men in a victory zone and is trying to take advantage of it.

Nope - don't do it. If you surrender you loose - totally. Just like in CM1

As a test I created a tiny meeting engagement QB and let the computer pick forces. I fired up the game and rushed the objective. I got two tanks an MG team and a sniper team on the objective and saw no enemy soldiers. Then I saved. Then I surrendered.

Result is a total US loss. I lost no men I own the objective totally and surrendering gave the Germans a total victory.

SurrenderVictoryScreen.jpg

Then I opened the saved game back up and this time I offered a Cease Fire.

Result is a tactical US victory. No points for causing enemy casualties but I own the objective which gives me the victory.

CeaseFireVictoryScreen.jpg