Is Real Time H2H pausible?

My wife, a 'veteran' of CMBB, is interested in purchasing CMBN so she can start blowing up my tanks again. However, since LAN WEGO is out, I am not sure she has the patience (nor either of us the time) for hotseat/PBEM. The saving grace *might* be if RT play between humans is pausible. Yay or nay?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Unfortunately not, and I myself cannot fathom why they'd leave out such a critical and iconic feature as WeGo in tcp/ip play either, but that discussion has been done to death so I won't start.

I will however tell you that you better hold on for dear life to that wife of yours. Females interested in war games (especially ones as complex as CM) are pretty much the most rare jewel on earth.

You mean there are women out there that play Wargames? I didn't know such a species existed, we need photographic proof. Normally players are pretty competitive for bragging rights, but imagine the motivation if the winner gets oral sex. :D

RT in CMBN is possible, but not pauseable.

So, yes there is RT, but no, you can not pause it. Across a LAN, you can go direct, and across a WAN, I'd use Hamachi.

Then, of course, there's Firewall issues.

Battlefront have done a great job in requiring the most 3rd party services (such as forums for finding games, email, Dropbox, Hamachi, etc) of any multi-player game I've seen.

You mean there are women out there that play Wargames? I didn't know such a species existed, we need photographic proof. Normally players are pretty competitive for bragging rights, but imagine the motivation if the winner gets oral sex. :D

My wife plays but with one fairly major draw back, if she loses then it's a good old fashion sulk for DAYS and forget about any form of sex.

So either way you end up playing with yourself or playing .. with ... yourself...:D

I think this is probably a good example of why not many women are going to admit to being wargamers online.

My wife has no interest in the game, but she did laugh a lot at the synchronized stooges in CMx1. She is more than willing to mess with photoshop if I wanted to try my hand at modding and is darn good at that.