Assembling the Huey Hog Helicopter model

I am deeply moved by this sequence, largely as it depicts my exact experience with an Airfix He-111 circa 1978.

Accidentally slashed my wrist cutting the fuselage from the spru, ended up at the doctors and MONTHS of therapy 'cos everyone thought I was depressed.

Strange how it was easier for them to believe I was suicidal rather than just a knife numpty.

The HE-111 turned out cool eventually and I was only slightly wounded (more knife drama) later in the year making the Hurricane that shot it down.

They are made and fishermen use them because otherwise they are always cutting their hands.

Yeh but it would be a bugger holding small parts wearing those.

Btw finger scars caused by a slip of the scalpel while modelling should be worn as a badge of honor!

'I got this one while dealing with that Panzer IV (1/48 scale).

And see this one.....1/35 Jagdtiger'....

Btw finger scars caused by a slip of the scalpel while modelling should be worn as a badge of honor!

'I got this one while dealing with that Panzer IV (1/48 scale).

And see this one.....1/35 Jagdtiger'....

Rather it should go, "I got these because I am too bloody stupid to hold the knife correctly. Besides...I was drunk. Not that I am ever not drunk, you understand."

Michael

Well managed to make it through more or less unscathed. The M1A2 is pretty much done just all the little extra bits to paint now.

Tip: For an amazing array of modelling equipment, raid the wife's cosmetics draw, veritable Aladdin's Cave of files, sponges, paints (erroneously labelled nail polish) etc

Magpie Oz, the M1A2 did not have gold sparkles on the turret or cannon, nor was it intended to camouflage itself in the Blue Oyster Bar. (I have it on good authority that the nail polish remover is good for ungluing noses that get too close to the source, by the way: a tip I'm sure you'll appreciate.)

Magpie Oz, the M1A2 did not have gold sparkles on the turret or cannon, nor was it intended to camouflage itself in the Blue Oyster Bar. (I have it on good authority that the nail polish remover is good for ungluing noses that get too close to the source, by the way: a tip I'm sure you'll appreciate.)

My wife is a grown up so no gold sparklies, I was thinking more along the lines of the industrial equipment a more mature woman equips herself with, emery boards etc.

Nail polish, bright red, makes excellent tail lights.

Knives are my only problem, gluing myself to things has never been an issue, but thanks for the tip

Nail polish, bright red, makes excellent tail lights.

You sound experienced and so may know what you are talking about. But I would want to be careful about using paints not formulated for use on plastics, as during my own modeling years (admittedly half a century ago, so things might have changed in the meanwhile), I had some paints partially melt or craze the plastic due to the thinners used.

Michael

You sound experienced and so may know what you are talking about. But I would want to be careful about using paints not formulated for use on plastics, as during my own modeling years (admittedly half a century ago, so things might have changed in the meanwhile), I had some paints partially melt or craze the plastic due to the thinners used.

Michael

True enough don't put it directly on plastic as it can react with it but if you do a base coat of primer there are no problems, unless you miss a bit.