If I had known...

Not that it's any consolation, but I assume that issue would have shown up in the demo.

I tried the clickfest and it was just plain silly, so I'm sticking to PBEM (and Dropbox). I'm expecting that an upcoming patch will improve the multi-player capabilities.

BF doesn't have a match server, so setting up live play is still a 1990's era clunky experience at the best of times. OTOH, we don't have to worry about BF's server being 'up' in order to play against each other.

Did BF take it out because they knew of the issue with WEGO games crashing? This was exactly the same issue with CM1 that was never resolved.

It was never 'taken out' because it was never in the game in the first place. Remember, this is a totally new game, not an improved version of CMBO/CMBB/CMAK.

There was a longish thread about this very subject. IIRC the feature is somewhere in Battlefront's 'to do' list, but not on top of it, because they feel the online gamers make only a small proportion of the CM:BN customers and therefore other features are more important.

I'm in a PBEM with 30M turns. Can you imagine sending 30M each minute or so?

So - my guess (guess, mind) is that to give a reasonable experience BFC want to change it so it's not sending the map each time, just the units and changes. However to separate them out in the code is a BIG job.

Personally for me it's not a big deal. I never really played like that, vastly preferring PBEM.

I thought I wouldn't like real time either, but I like it better than WEGO now. It's not a click fest! When playing solo you can also hit the pause button. I think real time is a step forward not back. No one has time to analyze every tiny detail and micromanage stuff in a real battle. This is a tactical wargame not chess. I don't even use the pause when I'm playing the AI.

I smile every time i see the term "click fest" thrown around. It's all relative. I play and appreciate a broad spectrum of RTS games. And this game moves way to SLOW to be a click fest. Your mind can still beat a person who has high clicks per minute. You just have to be able to adapt on the fly. Wego style IMO is more of a movie style of playing. You can appreciate the little things more playing that mode.

I'd recommend next time you plonk down $50+ on something you actually read the features list that have been provided to you for just the purpose of deciding whether you want to purchase a product or not. You'll avoid a lot of disappointments that way.

I'd recommend next time you plonk down $50+ on something you actually read the features list that have been provided to you for just the purpose of deciding whether you want to purchase a product or not. You'll avoid a lot of disappointments that way.

oh geez one of those personal accountability guys. You mean I gotta read??!! :D

I am just a little surpised (okay not really) that just that one feature in a game so rich would mean not buying it. I have gotten my money's worth out of this game already compared to some others I have bought and intend to be playing it for a long time to come.

I smile every time i see the term "click fest" thrown around. It's all relative. I play and appreciate a broad spectrum of RTS games. And this game moves way to SLOW to be a click fest. Your mind can still beat a person who has high clicks per minute. You just have to be able to adapt on the fly. Wego style IMO is more of a movie style of playing. You can appreciate the little things more playing that mode.

And I smile every time I see anyone, anywhere, use S when talking about RT.

The world is over populated with RTS's, so for us old timers the irony isn't lost on us that one of the few (if only) companies making turned based strategy games (who I might add we can quote straight out of their own manual from CMBO what they think of RTS), would then waste a decade cranking them out. Wrong game type and the wrong war. Wasted decade.

And I smile every time I see anyone, anywhere, use S when talking about RT.

toshay

The world is over populated with RTS's, so for us old timers the irony isn't lost on us that one of the few (if only) companies making turned based strategy games (who I might add we can quote straight out of their own manual from CMBO what they think of RTS), would then waste a decade cranking them out. Wrong game type and the wrong war. Wasted decade.

They are hardly the only, give you a few. I have a couple of other turned based on my HD right now. TB is still in effect for CM, they just added something extra. People can change their minds and be flexible. Sht.. the way I thought ten years ago, is a little different than i do now.