"Touch" Victory Condition - Did I touch it?

In a scenario with a "touch" victory condition, is there any way to check if I've "touched" the spot correctly? I drove a vehicle to the condition location but didn't see anything notifying me that I had fulfilled that objective. And I don't see a scorecard of sorts to let me know before the scenario ends and I potentially discover I didn't fulfill it correctly.

I thought a touch objective would 'disappear' once you touched it. The glowing green color would vanish. I suppose you could've bailed your driver and had him jump up and down until the game noticed you were there. I think the game sometimes doesn't like unarmed toothless units grabbing objectives, it thinks you're up to something 'gamey'. Don't quote me on that, though.

I seem to recall instances in CMSF where units (especially vehicles) moving through a touch objective (such as a phase line) would not trigger it. The unit had to stop for a moment to get the credit.

this is my experience too

Huzzar scenario for example

i just put a small pause at the desired waypoint whilst moving through,seems to work ok

Thanks for the feedback. In my case I drove a Halftrack into the green, let it sit for a turn, and then drove out. No beep, no text, and no disappearing green. Not sure what went wrong.

Probably not a TOUCH objective then.

Had the same in Huzzar. Two of the objectives were "touched" at once, the thirth (actually POI1) just didn't want to trigger. Sent an Armored Car over several times, but no joy.

I finally gave up, and ordered it to reverse back - then it triggered.... Seems that location is partly hidden under the hedge, and you need to drive real close to the edge of the road to trigger it (I would suggest a bit bigger trigger area's for the designers, if possible......)

I thought a touch objective would 'disappear' once you touched it. The glowing green color would vanish. I suppose you could've bailed your driver and had him jump up and down until the game noticed you were there. I think the game sometimes doesn't like unarmed toothless units grabbing objectives, it thinks you're up to something 'gamey'. Don't quote me on that, though.

I had to bail a crew as the touch condition wouldn't activate for an AC in the scenario "Huzzar", once the crew bailed it triggered.

I thought a touch objective would 'disappear' once you touched it. The glowing green color would vanish.

Nope. Not always. I captured one objective and got credit for it, but it stayed green. Another objective I occupied with armed units and drove away all enemy units that had been near it, but didn't get credit for that one. The only way to tell if you have been credited is to save the game then ask for a ceasefire and look at the tally. If you didn't receive credit, quit the scenario and restart it from the save if you still have time on the clock and try something else. Maybe in that scenario you have to make sure that the objective cannot be brought under hostile fire from any enemy units with LOS/LOF to it.

Michael

Is this type of objective "hardcoded" into CMx2 and a scenario designer simply inserts it where they want it? Or does the scenario designer actually define the criteria for touching? Seems to me if it is hardcoded then the criteria could/should be clearly defined in the manual. The only thing I can find in the manual is:

"Touch: player needs to reach the objective area to gain points, but does not have to remain in position there."

Based on my experience and it seems the experience of others this does not always hold true.

If you go into the scenario editor you'll see "Terrain objective allies" You choose Obj 1 and it allows you to paint the objective on the map. You get a pull-down menu for Occupy/Preserve/Touch/Destroy/Exit and another pull-down menu for Known to player/Known to enemy/Known to both/Known to neither. And you have a window to type in the obj name and the obj points total.