Confusion with Airborne inf. texture models

Hello!

Ok, so I've attempted a few of the missions that have US airborne infantry involved in the scenario.

I played the map called Deville as Germans defending against 101 airborne company.. I noticed that the US texture models for that particular map are just the standard US uniforms & not airborne models so I assumed they weren't added into the game by the developers..

Than I tried brecourt silence the guns map and sure enough Dick Winters and Buck Compton had their signature 101 airborne tracksuits on ..

I haven't tried any of the other 82/101 Airborne maps for that matter.. i just thought it was a bit odd

I downloaded the Airborne skin mods from the repository and tried them but couldn't get them to work either.. after following the instructions which are VERY EASY to follow i might add.. but im finding only sometimes the repository CMBN mods work for me.. its quite random

anyone else have the same issue(s) or am I noobing up a storm here ?!

That's what I was about to mention. Textures aren't conflicting, the glider infantry and paratroopers do dress differently. No sense in being issued jump boots if you aren't jumping. TO&E is very different too. Glider infantry also field B.A.R.s while Airborne have the M1919A6 MG.

Am I correct in believing that glider infantry are basically just vanilla infantry that ride into battle in gliders? Did they receive any special training or TO&E? I have heard that they did not receive the extra hazard pay that the paratroopers got. That latter was really unfair in light of the casualty rates they suffered just getting on the ground.

Michael