Montebourg Quick battle maps

I am currently working on converting some of the Montebourg Campaign maps for use as QB maps:

MontebourgActionPack1.jpg

Because they are being extensively tested before release, creating these QBs will take quite a bit of time so I intend to release them in small packs consisting of 3-4 maps. The first map pack will consist of the maps for campaign missions 2, 3 and 4 - Ecoqueneauville, la Grand Hameau and le Hamelet.

There will be three versions of each map, an ASSAULT, ATTACK and PROBE map, each with a slightly different focus with respect to scoring to reflect the different nature of the three actions. For the time being, there will be no MEETING variants but they may come later.

These QB maps will be highly customised for SMALL infantry battles only, not TINY or NORMAL+. The official QB maps that shipped with the game had to be playable with every force composition possible in mind. I only play infantry-centric QBs anyway and so I'm designing them to suit my play preferences. Of course, the Human player is free to chose whatever force he wishes to play with, but he must bear in mind that an AI attacker with lots of vehicles will likely produce a very unsatisfactory experience because the AI plans were not tested with vehicles in mind.

Paper Tiger,

first of all: Thanks for this awesome campaign. I haven´t finished it yet but the individual scenarios I´ve played so far have been superb. Somehow you manage to create a rare atmosphere of total suspense and I love the freedom of having multiple possibilities how to approach possible enemy positions.

Having the scenarios in a standalone version would be absolutely fantastic.

Cheers

Nolloff

• 1 month later...

Hi guys

Thanks for the interest. Just a quick update. I am working my ar$e off just now getting a whole load of new maps done for my next project and won't have much time to finish off the Montebourg maps for a wee while. I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish off the three that are in progress. TBH, there's not much left to do to finalise them and so, if I get sick of map work, I'll maybe finish them off over a weekend.

• 7 months later...
Now with CMBN:CW out, any word on these Paper Tiger? Would you be willing to provide the maps without AI and we can AI them ourselves?

Thanks in advance

Chad

Hi Chad,

not trying to derail the whole thread (which is about QB customisation of the Montebourg maps by PT himself).

But you might be interested to know that you can already do what you asked about above by just using the CMBN Scenario Organisor (see my sig for download links). It will extract the individual battles of the campaign, which you can then alter to match your ideas.

Cheers,

Mad Mike