A thread for the desperate and disillusioned pre orderers

Still nothing here in Paisley (SW of Scotland). As I mentioned elsewhere: BF should have marked the value of the parcel as $10 or whatever the difference was for people buying the download + steelbook

Sorry, this is no longer possible. EU has changed their regulations and we have to include the full invoice. If they ever checked it against our website, we would be in big trouble. Which they for sure would do if they saw that thing marked down as $10 in value :) It's called Fraud and they don't take kindly to it. We have offices in Germany and that means they can do rather nasty things to us easier than if we were just based in the US.

Steve

Green As Jade-- May I point out I explainedin my earlier posts that I was attaching no blame or responsibility to BF but I do think I have a right to complain about a delivery system which is so widely inconsistent in the time it takes to deliver to different customers many only a few miles apart in the same country.

Secondly-we all did receive an email stating when our order status had changed to "shipped".

And that's when it shipped. What happens to it after that is as much a mystery and source of frustration for you as it is for us or anybody else. Another war story...

Our old fulfillment house was in Vermont, USA. We shipped out a CM of some sort to a customer in Montreal. It's over the border, yes, but this is Canada we're talking about. Practically an extension of the US in many respect (we share electric grid, road network, rail network, cigarette smuggling ;), etc.). The distance between the two locations? 96 miles (156km). It took TWO WEEKS to arrive. As I've been known to say, a blind man with a limp, walking backwards with a bad cough could have walked it there faster.

Postal services have their own time tables. Customs don't have any. Just be glad they don't charge you for keeping the package in storage while they wait to inspect it. They LOVE to do that with big stuff at sea ports.

Steve

If this can help

shipped to Italy on May 18th

still waiting

Which is the carrier to Italy?

Whomever takes delivery of international mail from the United States Postal Service. For each country this can be quite different. Most European countries it is DHL or EMS, I think. Not sure what happens in Italy.

Steve

Auckland, New Zealand here. Order was shipped on the 25th of May (took about 2 weeks between being confirmed and being shipped though). Anyway, not really worried or anything, stuff usually takes ages to ship from the 'States or Europe to NZ, aaaand I've got the download to keep me occupied anyway.

Whomever takes delivery of international mail from the United States Postal Service. For each country this can be quite different. Most European countries it is DHL or EMS, I think. Not sure what happens in Italy.

Steve

Thx Steve

I always remember you were so kind replacing my lost CMBO copy....ten years ago!