Move shoot, move shoot again. . .

Took me a bit to understand how to shoot from my tank on the move.

What I ended up learning was:

1) Select the tank and issue a move order and then de-select.

2) Select the waypoint and issue a 'target' or other shoot command from that waypoint.

3) Select the tank again and issue another move order.

4) Select the new waypoint and shoot again.

Initially, I selected the tank, issued a move order and then directly issued a shoot order. Problem is, I didn't select the waypoint that I issued the order to move to and it tried to shoot from where I started.

Just an FYI that I learned.

Took me a bit to understand how to shoot from my tank on the move.

What I ended up learning was:

1) Select the tank and issue a move order and then de-select.

2) Select the waypoint and issue a 'target' or other shoot command from that waypoint.

3) Select the tank again and issue another move order.

4) Select the new waypoint and shoot again.

It can be more effective to issue all the move orders and then revisit the waypoints where you want to change targetting. Also worth noting that movement is going to degrade your accuracy, and if you want the best chance to hit anything, adding some 'pause' at a given waypoint will help.

At each waypoint, how long is the target command in effect? So how long does it fire before it starts moving again?

The command is in effect as long as the tank hasn't reached the next waypoint yet (IIRC). That will depend on the length to the next waypoint and whether there are any Pause orders on the waypoint.

The title "Move shoot, move shoot again..." reminded me of the game I played last night where I was shoot and scooting 5 Stuarts and sometimes a couple of Shermans against some AT guns. It got pretty tedious having to reset the same orders every round, so I was fantasizing about order macros or at least a 'replay last turn for this unit' function :)

At each waypoint, how long is the target command in effect? So how long does it fire before it starts moving again?

The target command is in effect until a new targetting command is issued at some subsequent waypoint (not necessarily the next one). It won't fire at all before it starts moving again, it won't even stop at the waypoint (it might have to stutter through a rotation if the next leg of its journey is too significantly angled to its last leg) in the first place unless you also add a pause command at the waypoint.

and keep in mind that if you use a HUNT command in your string of commands and they see something during that hunt segment then everything you plotted after that will be dropped.

Yes, that is a really good point. The first time I played it took me a long time to figure out why one of my tanks would not do what I asked. I finally realized that it was getting hit by MG fire and stopping. The hunt command is great for preventing your guys from walking 100m down a road taking fire all the way but no so good when you want your tank to move up and there are small arms bullets flying around.