LOS Questions

I posted this before but somehow the post evaporated.

Loving the game - the fact that its V1.0 and my units actually do what I ask them to do is a joy, and something that a lot of tactical games can't boast of.

Anyway

1) Other than clicking on a unit and targeting, is there some other way of determining if two points are in LOS? It would be nice to tell that before asking a unit to risk their life in trying point after point. I know you can scroll in and see for yourself, but if either point is on an incline, without the ability of tilting the camera, its not much help.

2) How feasible is it in future to have a View Past option for RT? I prefer the RT as a control freak, but would love the option to view various things that appear cinematic or cool. Is this possible, or is the engine such that this is just not technically feasible?

3) Does Hunt always make your troops crawl? How is this different than slow? It seems that a Crawl button might be helpful since sometimes I want troops to be extra-cautious, but not suffer the exhausting effects of crawling.

4) Does weather just affect visibility, or can it affect artillery accuracy and vehicles getting bogged down?

5) How exactly using the WEGO system do you spring an ambush at the first vehicle to drive in front of you? I imagine it has something to do with hide, but can't figure out how to make the vehicle trigger an attack.

6) When I start the game I get the option to buy, which is strange - since I already have bought the game. Is this a bug - or am I imagining things?

Anyway - really enjoying the game. Kudos to Battlefront for keeping the game in the oven until it was properly cooked and delicious.

Dan

5) How exactly using the WEGO system do you spring an ambush at the first vehicle to drive in front of you? I imagine it has something to do with hide, but can't figure out how to make the vehicle trigger an attack.

Try Hide plus Target Arc. (Just guessing based on past experience with CMBO.)

6) When I start the game I get the option to buy, which is strange - since I already have bought the game. Is this a bug - or am I imagining things?

Enter your license key -- there should be a button or link to do this at the bottom of the nag screen.

1) When you makde WAYPOINTS you can click on any waypoint and issue orders and check LOS from thet waypoint. Thus during PAUSE you can create dummy waypoints all over the place to check LOS before committing to movement.

2) Done to death in previous threads. Probably never, but never say never...

3) HUNT makes the units move cautiously, not crawl. SLOW makes em crawl.

4) Probably, but someone else may know better.

5) Make a covered arc that covers the area you want to spring an ambush in. The unit (usually) not fire until a target enters the covered arc area.

6) Seeing your shrink for anti-psychotics is always a good precaution.

Filling in some gaps...

2) How feasible is it in future to have a View Past option for RT? I prefer the RT as a control freak, but would love the option to view various things that appear cinematic or cool. Is this possible, or is the engine such that this is just not technically feasible?

We HOPE it isn't technically feasible because we really want it in. However, we suspect it might be extremely difficult to code and have it work on the average computer. So we're letting a little more time pass before we try.

Sounds like you accidentally booted the Demo??

Steve

1) When you makde WAYPOINTS you can click on any waypoint and issue orders and check LOS from thet waypoint. Thus during PAUSE you can create dummy waypoints all over the place to check LOS before committing to movement.

Hi there,

I see what you are saying, and yes - when the ground is perfectly flat its easy to scroll down and use the camera to look around. However if any point is on a slope, without a means of tilting the camera to see if the far point can actually be seen - finding LOS can be really difficult.

Hi there,

I see what you are saying, and yes - when the ground is perfectly flat its easy to scroll down and use the camera to look around. However if any point is on a slope, without a means of tilting the camera to see if the far point can actually be seen - finding LOS can be really difficult.

No, he means make a movement waypoint, then right-click to get out of the setting movement commands mode, then left click *on the waypoint* to select the waypoint. It will turn from a sphere into a pyramid. You can then use the target command to check LOS from the waypoint.

(The same way, you can also attach orders to a waypoint, like hide or cover arc, etc.)

Hi there,

I'm not positive this will answer your question: To check LOS I choose "Target" and drag my line-of fire to check LOS. What I haven't tried is doing this from created waypoints (still some things I'm getting used to with the new system). Be sure I'll check into it though!

Also bear in mind that when you check los from a waypoint, the line will originate from where your unit is but is actually showing the los from the waypoint. Slightly confusing but it works fine.

Thank You. That'll likely save me some head-scratchin'.

:D

Dan

CMX1 had an 'ambush' command that was great for antitank work

No, he means make a movement waypoint, then right-click to get out of the setting movement commands mode, then left click *on the waypoint* to select the waypoint. It will turn from a sphere into a pyramid. You can then use the target command to check LOS from the waypoint.

(The same way, you can also attach orders to a waypoint, like hide or cover arc, etc.)

I tried this feature to check los from a waypoint but when waypoint highlighted, the los blue line would only eminate from the unit not the waypoint? Anyone else tried this in game lately and had same experience?

I tried this feature to check los from a waypoint but when waypoint highlighted, the los blue line would only eminate from the unit not the waypoint? Anyone else tried this in game lately and had same experience?

That is normal, if somewhat confusing.