Well done Veins

Jaws

You did a fantastic job, Veins -- I've got them all running.

The only one I'm not sure about is tracers -- I haven't seen any red ones yet ingame, although they seem to look nicer than the ray gun laser effect the game came with. So I can't tell whether that mod is running. I just put the two "color" files into my Z file and that was it. I didn't see any .brz file to place there.

There should be three files in the zip for the tracers mod:

A text file that says: Tracers A - More visable red tracer; Tracers B - More subtle tracer

and two .brz files called:

Veins_tracers_A

and

Veins_tracers_B

Put ONE of these into the Z folder.

They are both red but with white centres, rather than the default yellow with white.

Vein, is there any way to make the tracers shorter? Seeing tracers in real life is not the same a on film. On film they are stretched a bit due to the shutter speed. Seeing in person they are a lot shorter. Is that possible?

+1 I also would like this

LOL, yes, I can do that. Trouble is that the shorter they are the less visible they are from a distance. I'll have a look at lunch at making some shorter ones. This way the V3 of the tracers mod will have longer, medium and short versions. Something for everyone!

I have updated my tracer mod to V3. It now includes 3 different lengths of red tracer:

Veins_tracers_A - Longest, most visible version

Veins_tracers_B - Shorter, subtler version

Veins_tracers_C - Short, bright tracer

Use only ONE at a time.

It should update to V3 on the repository soon(ish).

cmnormandy2011052009595.jpg

Above: Veins_tracers_C - Short, bright tracer

I have updated my tracer mod to V3. It now includes 3 different lengths of red tracer:

Veins_tracers_A - Longest, most visible version

Veins_tracers_B - Shorter, subtler version

Veins_tracers_C - Short, bright tracer

Use only ONE at a time.

It should update to V3 on the repository soon(ish).

cmnormandy2011052009595.jpg

Above: Veins_tracers_C - Short, bright tracer

That's the goods right there. Very nice.

I'd probably prefer "shorter, subtler" but for gameplay purposes I'm betting that "short, bright" would be best.

Gonna grab em tonight. And now that you've removed the beep from the support chatter I'll be installing your full sound mod as well.

Thanks again for your work!

• 1 month later...

I recall using a tracer mod in CMBB which had different colored tracers for Axis and Allied forces. Think Axis was green/white and Allied red/white.

Sometimes my old eyes have trouble distinguishing outgoing fire from incoming when a heavy firefight erupts and the tracer streams are criss-crossing each other like mad.

Any chance of creating a Ver 4 for the old farts? :)