Bug reports - who, where to send them ?

(original advice removed. New advice is as follows)

Post bugs to this Forum and either one of us or a tester will bring the information into the testing Forum.

Steve

Well, that told me, the helpdesk closed the ticket and emailed me to "Please post game-related feedback to the public discussion forum at www.battlefront.com/community".

Ok, so here's a possible bug - may only be graphical though.

I was having a go at the "Cats and Dogs" scenario in WeGo mode.

I had parked 2 Puma's in the trees. Due to incoming fire, both commanders had buttoned up.

During the orders phase, I ordered them to Open Up.

When I watched the turn, I saw something that looked a little odd, so I reran the movie file and saw that both commanders opened their hatch, then graphically slid down the side of their armoured car.

I took a series of screenshots to show - first 5 screenies ( in 4 & 5 you can see the 2nd commander doing the same thing )

Later I had an unbuttoned AC and decided to button it. The hatch closed, but the commander slid down into a reclining position, partially clipping the vehicle model - Last 2 screens.

I don't know if the commander's model's position affects anything or not, but better to let you know.

In subsequent turns, the models were back in the correct position, so the effect is ( probably ) only for the duration of the turn in which it occurs.

I've not seen this with any other vehicle.

bugreport1.jpg

bugreport2.jpg

bugreport3.jpg

bugreport4.jpg

bugreport5.jpg

I don't have the save game from before the replay where I saw it happen, but I do have from the end of that turn.

So from that point, I gave orders to both commanders to button, and they slid into weird positions inside the AC ( the front guy was upside down, the rear AC's commander was sort of on his side on the floor ). The next turn I told them to unbutton and they both slid down the side as per the screenies, so it IS reproducible ( on my machine, at least ).

Email on it's way, Wildman. I'm on Yahoo too, so just attached it directly as it's about 4Mb.

No worries, Phil, as long as it helps :)

The trench thing has been mentioned before and you can change the facing of 2 or more sections depending how you place them.

I'm not too fussed if crewmembers not actually poking their heads visibly out of a hatch aren't actually rendered.

Hmmm, looks like a feature to me. They're obviously checking vehicle and tire clearance as they advance through the forest. ;)

Too much schnapps?

Ever have that feeling that the world is spinning out of your control? Maybe it was just you...

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Ken

• 9 months later...
Do you have the save game for this or was it done in real time? If you have a save game please email to

jonzac1993@yahoo.com and I'll take a look.

I found a possible "bug" in this great game, and I send yesterday an e-mail with an archive to this e-mail address. Does it still works? Can I send to another direction if not?

I can't send the message with the archive to the forum. 96.7 KB WinRAR archive but I can't upload into the message :(

Thank's for answers

I’m playing a PBEM game. WEGO. Viajero, please. don't read the rest of the post :)

One of my HQ’s call fire from a on-map mortar: Medium rate of fire and long time firing (area fire). Radio contact and status of the units OK

This mortar is low of ammo (7) and the first spot’s rounds fall. I move an ammo bearer next to the mortar. The ammo is being using…6,5,4... and when the ammo bearer is near the mortar , the ammo mortar increases 11, 23…

But the mortar stops firing even if they have ammo all time (never arrived to 0 ammo)

I was able to reproduce this on a scenario test (it's easy). One HQ asking fire on a on map mortar low of ammo. One ammo bearer arrives next to the mortar (with same ammo) before it gets out of ammo, but the mortar stops firing (lost green line of fire) and next turn the call fire of the HQ is cancelled automaticaly... (Ammo never arrives to 0)

I can't attach the file to this message (97KB WinRAR). Some direction to send it? With the helpdesk option?

It’s a "bug"? Just wanted to report. Thanks for answers and sorry for my english

Ok, not a "bug". Sorry for the post. Just learning a little more about the use of artillery:

1)After hearing "request fire mission out": If you have ordered a bombardement (on map mortar) and you do not have enough ammunition in your mortar (duration) for that kind of bombardement. You can not finish the mission.

2) Before you hear "request fire mission out" : if the ammo bearer arrives to the mortar, you will be able to finish the mission

Sorry again!