Release date 20 May 2011

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

$80 is actually only about 55 Euros at today's exchange rate, and that includes download, box, manual, shipping & handling. That's absolutely in line with the average price of new major releases in Europe.

Yes, I know, I didn't mean to be overtly critical of your pricing policy. In Hungary we don't have Euros yet. That tells you sth about the state of the economy and the value of the home currency. I find the price of the DL version quite acceptable.

Like a cat with a mouse.

Yup, they're toying with us, and I bet they're loving every second.

Must be great to work on a product that is so eagerly anticipated by some many people (OK it's not exactly in the same league as the new Call of Duty or FIFA thingy, but in sexy, 'intellectual' niche terms, this is about as good as it gets).

Good on you, Battlefront. Enjoy torturing us; you've earned the right.

And you know the moment doesn't last long once you launch...

R

$80 is actually only about 55 Euros at today's exchange rate, and that includes download, box, manual, shipping & handling. That's absolutely in line with the average price of new major releases in Europe.

That is true, but that average price would include VAT as well. Remember that in Europe prices are typically VAT-inclusive, unlike in the States.

ok, let's pass the time somehow. Scottie, you're from Scotland...what do you think about Eddie Stone in the SAS series? is he tough as nails or is it just his accent that's tough as nails?

:) i have to admit , i had never heard of Eddie Stone. Andy McNab (Bravo Two Zero) i have heard off , sounds Scottish but he aint.

Well the thing is. Im from Europe and I dont want to spend $25 for shipping cost while I only want to download the game. Does this mean I can or can not pre-order the game? Cause the pre-order says "Download&mail" but I still need to pay the extra $25?

Here you say that the pre-order download is ready. :P

And indeed like one of the other members already said... Are we looking @hours or days? :D

hmm , this is going to be a long night is it not.

If its not going to be the 20th , isnt it unlikely to be this evening (04:00 GMT) otherwise something more positive would have been posted.

i.e if it was going to be tonight why didnt martin just say that.

Must be x amount of labour , taking y time which is projected to be prior to the 20th.

19th could be cutting it fine

that leaves 17th or 18th (likely to be 18th or 19th for UK)

So if that is known , what cant BF say ?

Not moaning honest :)

... just tell me to shut up if if talking b@llocks honest its fine :D ... no offence taken.

hmm , this is going to be a long night is it not.

If its not going to be the 20th , isnt it unlikely to be this evening (04:00 GMT) otherwise something more positive would have been posted.

no idea what problems some people have, because a release date.

this company is playing with their customers, so dont play this game and kust wait.

would be easy to give a releasedate wich gives the producers of this game time enough to fullfill their job and if everything goes well, they can make their "money givers" happy and release some days earlier.

what they do here ist what i really dont like. looks like they love to see all this "i cant wait junkies" an play with them a while ........ >>> a few days after demo release :) ........ what means "few days" ?? a week is allready or almost allready gone.

from many other companies i know a different behavior. sometimes they give release dates and when they can not realize this date, then they explain why.

others give a releasedate, so that they have a good buffer to fullfill it, others are just quit and say "when its ready".

thisw "releasedate gaming" here is laughable.