Release date 20 May 2011

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that the release date will NOT be May 20.

What will happen is this (it's how these things always work here at Battlefront):

1) all pre-order customers will receive an email that their downloads are enabled (make sure to whitelist sales@battlefront.com in your email program! If you entered your email incorrectly during the order process, you're screwed ;))

2) one of the pre-order customers will ignore the friendly plea to NOT post on the forum that they are already downloading (this happens usually within 2 seconds after the emails go out), and will start a thread here saying something like "OMG OMG OMG I AM DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!"

3) the official release announcement will go up on the front page a couple of hours later, and the pre-order offer will be removed, and replaced with the usual "Download Only", "Mail Only" and "Download&Mail" options.

The latter, btw, still include a very few Steelbooks (we may run out today, though). We're almost out (and the only reason we are not out yet is because a stock count revealed that we have received more Steelbooks than we had ordered, for no extra charge. Thank you Scanavo :))

Martin

What will happen is this (it's how these things always work here at Battlefront):

1) all pre-order customers will receive an email that their downloads are enabled (make sure to whitelist sales@battlefront.com in your email program! If you entered your email incorrectly during the order process, you're screwed ;))

2) one of the pre-order customers will ignore the friendly plea to NOT post on the forum that they are already downloading (this happens usually within 2 seconds after the emails go out), and will start a thread here saying something like "OMG OMG OMG I AM DOWNLOAD NOW!!!!"

3) the official release announcement will go up on the front page a couple of hours later, and the pre-order offer will be removed, and replaced with the usual "Download Only", "Mail Only" and "Download&Mail" options.

The latter, btw, still include a very few Steelbooks (we may run out today, though). We're almost out (and the only reason we are not out yet is because a stock count revealed that we have received more Steelbooks than we had ordered, for no extra charge. Thank you Scanavo :))

Martin

So what timeframe are we looking at? ;) days or hours? ;)

Martin

Marvellous :) whitelisted !!!

Well the thing is. Im from Europe and I dont want to spend $25 for shipping cost while I only want to download the game. Does this mean I can or can not pre-order the game? Cause the pre-order says "Download&mail" but I still need to pay the extra $25?

Here you say that the pre-order download is ready. :P

And indeed like one of the other members already said... Are we looking @hours or days? :D

I can confirm that the release date will NOT be May 20. Martin

So this definitely 100% means prior to 20th May otherwise it could have drifted to 20th May and BF (with due respect) have never been that confident about dates in the past. That to me indicates later today probably and if not tomorrow.

I think the guys from Battlefront are laughing so loud about all of us right now... hours.. no days... no hours... no ... WAAAAAAAAA RELEASE THE DAMN GAME

LOL :) probably , i know i would be, bet they are a little nervous about the reception of the product too though so in that respect we can smile back politely :)

LOL :) probably , i know i would be, bet they are a little nervous about the reception of the product too though so in that respect we can smile back politely :)

Well, I am a preorder guy and I can assure, I am not yet downloading ;) otherwise I'd mysteriously disappear from this thread ;)

eh no , not yet , i pre-ordered literally hours after we could too .... so the question would be do BF sort by date/time , email address , account number :D

Did you check the box in the lower right corner of the order form "head of the line fee"? It then adds a drop down for size of contribution. I believe the increments were in bottles of wine.