Mouse sensitivity

Maybe try to change High Priority Process: This option instructs Windows to assign "normal" application priority or "high" application priority to the game when it is run. The "normal" setting can fix lagging mouse and/or keyboard input issues for some systems. The "high" setting is recommended if you have not experienced any input lag problems. The "high" priority option allows Combat Mission to use more system resources and may result in better performance.

Maybe not related to your problem, but worth a try :)

Mine was set to off by default, had lots of problem with mouse/keyboard.

The manual says that if you use panning and rotation control near the edge of the screen it will be less sensitive to mouse movement.

I'm not experiencing that: it seems exactly the same.

I would like less sensitive movement... do I need to do somefink different?

GaJ

I don't think that's in GAJ. I press the right mouse key and move the mouse and for free-look.

Maybe try to change High Priority Process: This option instructs Windows to assign "normal" application priority or "high" application priority to the game when it is run. The "normal" setting can fix lagging mouse and/or keyboard input issues for some systems. The "high" setting is recommended if you have not experienced any input lag problems. The "high" priority option allows Combat Mission to use more system resources and may result in better performance.

Maybe not related to your problem, but worth a try :)

Mine was set to off by default, had lots of problem with mouse/keyboard.

How do you do that? via task manager? would setting it to real time also improve it?

Right OtherMeans ... I think the manual is saying that free-look (pan and rotate) should be less sensitive if your cursor is near the edge of the screen. It specifically makes the point. OooH! I just realised I can cut & paste from the manual:

To move the camera forward, backward, left, or right, press and hold the left

mouse button and drag the mouse. The camera will pan and follow your

motion. To change the direction that the camera is facing while staying in

place, press and hold the right mouse button and drag the mouse. This is

analogous to swiveling your head. The camera facing will move with the

motion of the mouse.

It is important to know where your cursor is on the screen, because the sensitivity

of these changes decreases as the cursor approaches the edge of the screen.

To move quickly, click your cursor in the center of the screen; to make small

adjustments to the camera, click the camera click the cursor nearer to the

edge of the screen

Maybe this just never made the final cut. Curse these gamers who read the manual :)

GaJ

Right OtherMeans ... I think the manual is saying that free-look (pan and rotate) should be less sensitive if your cursor is near the edge of the screen. It specifically makes the point. OooH! I just realised I can cut & paste from the manual:

Maybe this just never made the final cut. Curse these gamers who read the manual :)

GaJ

I guess the manual is wrong, really the reverse is true, pull the mouse further out from where you click and the camera moves faster.

I just tried this in CMSF. You have to start the right click with the cursor near the edge of the screen. If you right click in the centre of the screen and drag the pointer to the edge of the screen the POV will rotate quickly. If you start your right click near the edge of the screen and drag to that edge the POV will rotate slowly.