Mac Pre order Query

Hello all. I would like to preorder the limited edition Mac version but I am wondering how I know that I will actually get allocated a LE version. I only ask as the postage to the UK is $20 and while I accept I have to pay that for the steel case and manual that comes with the LE, I don't want to if I am not going to get those as the price is not changed if you don't get the LE version.

Thanks

Andrew

The Steelbook Limited Edition is still available, so if you order now, you are guaranteed to get it. We will change the status on the order page once stock is "limited" and then once it is sold out.

BTW, in addition to S&H, keep in mind that you may have to pay customs duty and import VAT for international orders (not to us, but to your country once you receive the goods).

what i did is ... i bought an other game.

this mystery about the release date is boring and i dont preorder something, when i dont know what time i will get, what i paid or will pay for.

maye some or many people like this "release date hide games" and they pay maybe also many days before they get something ....... everyone can do what he likes or prefers, i now wont buy this game.

btw. beleave it or not, i have some friends who liked to buy this game, so that we can play it together maybe online, but ne we all decided not to purchase.

play your release date game with yourself, we will switch to an other game.

p.s. i bought only one game of this series before, called "theatre of war and tehere is also a forum with technical support section, but you can ask there what you want, also the maybe easiest questions, noone official answered.

this mystery about the release date is boring and i dont preorder something, when i dont know what time i will get, what i paid or will pay for.

I know it's a bit trolly and I shouldn't but ...

What "mystery" are you talking about??

From the CMBN front page, posted April 20 ... "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days." That makes it between May 4 and 11. No mystery.

But do enjoy the "other game." :D

maye some or many people like this "release date hide games" and they pay maybe also many days before they get something ....... everyone can do what he likes or prefers, i now wont buy this game.

btw. beleave it or not, i have some friends who liked to buy this game, so that we can play it together maybe online, but ne we all decided not to purchase.

p.s. i bought only one game of this series before, called "theatre of war and tehere is also a forum with technical support section, but you can ask there what you want, also the maybe easiest questions, noone official answered.

Yeah I don't really play CM, I just play release date hide. It's the ultimate in FOW. By the way TOW is not part of this series. And I am shocked, shocked I say! that you have friends who want to play this game. well no really I am not.

One question, how is preordering different than ordering other than getting a discount? (and a cool metal box to play hide the CD with!)

oddball.jpg

I know it's a bit trolly and I shouldn't but ...

What "mystery" are you talking about??

From the CMBN front page, posted April 20 ... "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days." That makes it between May 4 and 11. No mystery.

But do enjoy the "other game." :D

switched back to the www.battlefront.com > store page and found no informations.

maybe im blind, but i can see the "order now" button and no informations about what time i can or will get the game.

if you feel interested, you also can visit the theatre of war technical support forum , to see that there is no technical support.

switched back to the www.battlefront.com > store page and found no informations.

maybe im blind, but i can see the "order now" button and no informations about what time i can or will get the game.

if you feel interested, you also can visit the theatre of war technical support forum , to see that there is no technical support.

"Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days. Once released, it will be available in a PC and a Mac OS X version, [..]"

there you go...you missed it...it is on the front page..

don't get so upset (you seem to be upset)..I don't like to wait either...I would rather have it now for the weekend ;)...but if you want the game, fine, wait and you can play it..if not...fine too..just don't buy it and play the other game...

"Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy is scheduled for release within the next 14-21 days. Once released, it will be available in a PC and a Mac OS X version, [..]"

there you go...you missed it...it is on the front page..

don't get so upset (you seem to be upset)..I don't like to wait either...I would rather have it now for the weekend ;)...but if you want the game, fine, wait and you can play it..if not...fine too..just don't buy it and play the other game...

maybe im upset because i bought a game and found out that the technical support gives a platform, but dont cares ?

take a glance .. i gave you a hint where to look

the world is such simple.

my next life i will be born with a glas bowl and then i know everything before i buy something.

does tow and "this gmae" only share a forum, but different companyies are responsible ?

if so ... it really can be that one company dont cares and the other one will be customer friendly .......

the world is such simple.

my next life i will be born with a glas bowl and then i know everything before i buy something.

does tow and "this gmae" only share a forum, but different companyies are responsible ?

if so ... it really can be that one company dont cares and the other one will be customer friendly .......

Actually that is the case. TOW is produced by 1C not BFC. I can't speak to any experience with their product or support. You may want to post your concerns about that product over here - http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=122

In the meantime, over here you are just gonna have to wait like the rest of us for a product that does have support and a very avid community of users who are maybe a bit too frantic waiting for it's release, but hey it's our time to waste how we want. :D

Actually that is the case. TOW is produced by 1C not BFC. I can't speak to any experience with their product or support. You may want to post your concerns about that product over here - http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=122

In the meantime, over here you are just gonna have to wait like the rest of us for a product that does have support and a very avid community of users who are maybe a bit too frantic waiting for it's release, but hey it's our time to waste how we want. :D

nice idea ... i posted my concerns there, if you looked there before you posted here.

the problem is, that noone cares and normally people can come to the idea, that these copmpanys have to do something together, when they share the same forum, share the same store and put a roof about all of this named battlefront.com.

excuse my english

Thanks for that. My thread seems to have been hijacked but can I ask how I would find out if there will be duty to pay. Cost is mounting up already so don't want to be hit with more.

The Steelbook Limited Edition is still available, so if you order now, you are guaranteed to get it. We will change the status on the order page once stock is "limited" and then once it is sold out.

BTW, in addition to S&H, keep in mind that you may have to pay customs duty and import VAT for international orders (not to us, but to your country once you receive the goods).

Thanks for that. My thread seems to have been hijacked but can I ask how I would find out if there will be duty to pay. Cost is mounting up already so don't want to be hit with more.

Here is a site that may help, see the country guide section. Good luck. When it comes to taxes, you can pretty much count on it not being in your favor.

http://www.dutycalculator.com/help_center/Import-duty-and-taxes-explained-in-a-nutshell/

Thanks for that. What a great site. I am based in the UK so it turns out there is no customs duty to pay but there is VAT at 20%. So with shipping that takes a £40 game up to £58 (VAT is nearly £10) Unfortunately for me that is getting to be too expensive so I think I will just be downloading the game when it comes out and reading the manual on my Ipad.

Not sure what carrier method Battlefront uses and I can't recall the value cut-off point - I recently had to pay the Post Office an extra admin surcharge of £8 (for M/c parts from USA) as they held the item for collection in person until customs charge/VAT was paid.

JG11Preusse, as the blurb on top of that forum says, the TOW support forum is a "self-help" forum for the community. The correct place to get support from the developer 1C Company is www.battlefront.com/helpdesk.

Heh didn't see that. Was just hoping to get someone pissed about another game to complain over there and stop muddling our frantic love fest of waiting here. :D