Good to be back

I played CMBO/AK for several years (under the username of Snagg), and for one am extremely glad to see this version being released. I have many fond memories of playing CMBO by email with folks in England, and hope to rekindle those relationships with this game. As an aside, we yanks (some of us at least) are watching the upcomming nuptials with great interest and pride. Our ties to England are deep and despite squabbling from time to time (for good reasons) we remain strong and true allies. God save the Queen.

As an aside, we yanks (some of us at least) are watching the upcomming nuptials with great interest and pride. Our ties to England are deep and despite squabbling from time to time (for good reasons) we remain strong and true allies. God save the Queen.

Welcome back but speek for yourself RE: the Royal Nuptials. The coverage is nauseating. And why would any American celebrate autocracry? This "tie" was severed long ago for very good reasons.

I'm just looking forward to the Royal wedding being done and not having to see their mugs on the television every two minutes on every major "news" channel. Flash ... people who you don't know and never met getting hitched isn't news. It's celebrity gossip/worship at it's worst.

Overall, if I had to decide if the wedding of a couple of hyper-privileged rich brats, or the political troubles in places like Yemen or the internecine warfare in Nigeria or the environmental cleanup that's needed in Japan after the tsunami or the release date of CMBN is more important, I know where I'd fall.

What is the monarchy for in this century again, anyway? And yes, I'm from Canada and we have their pics plastered all over our coinage and still have a Governor General (for whatever reason). Monarchy, smonarchy.

P.S. What time's American Idol on again? :D

Sad but true. Especially when you consider that South Africa's Apartheid system was partly modelled after Canada's Indian Act of 1876.

What’s that? Colonists not exactly kind and generous to the indigenous population? The hell you say!

Seriously (and sadly) that’s been the normal state of affairs since…forever. Oh I know that doesn’t make it right but one should be careful to account for the tenor of the times when judging historical events. After all, it wasn’t too long ago from a historical perspective that slavery was the norm and not merely the exception.

My little nation once covered the whole of the British Isles then a succession of invaders culminating in the English pushed us farther and farther west until we ended up in the wild mountains from where we would sweep down onto the rich lowlands, raiding for cattle,sheep and other booty, burning homesteaders farms and towns and villages and ambushing patrols of the English army. Actually this sounds quite familiar.

My little nation once covered the whole of the British Isles then a succession of invaders culminating in the English pushed us farther and farther west until we ended up in the wild mountains from where we would sweep down onto the rich lowlands, raiding for cattle,sheep and other booty, burning homesteaders farms and towns and villages and ambushing patrols of the English army. Actually this sounds quite familiar.

Still happens where I stay - usually on a Saturday night :)