Map Generator for Quick Battles?

No map generator because the terrain is too complex to make one that produces good maps, but IIRC there's a possibility of a tile-based random map generator being added in future titles. I guess it would consist of pre-made tiles, each made of multiple action spot squares, that can only fit together in a certain way, so things like roads and elevations connect correctly.

There's over 200 QB maps to ship with the game, including the maps used in the campaigns and scenarios. By the time you actually get around to using all of these maps, I'm sure there will be a bunch of community ones to add to them.

So there isn't really an issue, unless you prefer random gen maps to hand crafted ones.

I have a very trivial question about the QB maps.

Do you have more options for choosing time of daylight for a QB? I did not like the dusk, dawn, night, day, options in CMSF and prefer an exact time of day simply because day equates to peak zenith in the afore mentioned game.

Do you have more options for choosing time of daylight for a QB? I did not like the dusk, dawn, night, day, options in CMSF and prefer an exact time of day simply because day equates to peak zenith in the afore mentioned game.

Good point. A lot of important actions occurred in growing or fading daylight. We need dawn to mid-morning and afternoon to dusk also where the shadows shorten and lengthen and the countryside gets lighter or darker as the battle proceeds.

Michael