Silly question

You need the internet to complete the installation. So just the once.

In fact there is even an off-line licensing option. That way the machine you are installing on does not need an internet connection, ever. As long as you can have access to the internet with another machine and can transport the licensing file from that machine to the one you installed the game on.

As far as DRM goes, it is nothing too onerous.

Points go to Elmar for the most complete correct answer :)

Except that with our new activation system there is no licensing file to transfer (as is the case for eLicense), only an easy to remember 20 digit code.

Other than the one-time activation, you don't need the internet to play at all (ever), nor do you need a disc to play in drive. This is in fact a major advantage (one of several) of our system vs. many big company DRMs out there that require a "call back" - either constantly or more or less frequently - in order to work (during which they exchange all sorts of info that you are not aware of).

Martin

Hopefully the activation code will be accessible to a copy action so it can be pasted into a file for transfer between computers... Indeed, would it be possible for the activation process to have, perhaps, the option to dump the code into a file for this eventuality?

Edit: I know you could copy the number down longhand, but that way lies madness caused by transcription errors... :)

You need to make it into a song.

If this was the Peng Challenge Thread my reply would be, "I was thinking of having it tattooed on your forehead, but then I'd have to look at you every time I wanted to call home and my stomach couldn't take that." But since it isn't, I can't post that.

Michael

If this was the Peng Challenge Thread my reply would be, "I was thinking of having it tattooed on your forehead, but then I'd have to look at you every time I wanted to call home and my stomach couldn't take that." But since it isn't, I can't post that.

Michael

Good because otherwise I would have to say something in the line of, if you'd take your medicine you won't wonder off from your old folk's home, it getting to point past embarrassing.

Good because otherwise I would have to say something in the line of, if you'd take your medicine you won't wonder off from your old folk's home, it getting to point past embarrassing.

In which case I would have to point out that you mistakenly substituted the word 'wonder' when clearly the correct word was 'wander', leading to speculation on which of us more truly belonged in the old folks home.

Just so you know.

Michael

... nor do you need a disc to play in drive.

Bloody hell, I think I could kiss the Battlefront staff for that! So someone else finds that normal requirement from other game devs annoying, huh. Superb news. Two copies ready to buy as soon as the OSX pre-orders get online.