Covered Arcs and Armor

Lets hope they bring back the "instant 180 degree arc" as it made setting arcs soooo much better.

I agree! I don't understand why they just included a qiuck 360 degree option via the shift key. I only use 360 on ambush along with Hide when attack can come from any direction. In advancing, and setting 360 which area of the arc is priority? In CMx1 I almost always used the quick 180 for setting arcs since it was most conveinient. Perhaps BF could set the Ctrl key or combo Shift+Ctrl when arc command selected for having quick 180 degree.

Yes, the 360 degree arc is rarely useful (altho' the command is the ONLY way to get 360 degrees).

But, I use 180 degrees all the time, and it is time consuming to have to change this for many units every time you change the direction of an advance. I hope we get the easy 180 degree arc command back. And yes, one needs to differentiate between inf and armor.

Would be a BIG disappointment that it lacked this feature.

Dont get too upset as I am pretty sure it in NOT in there yet but lets hope it gets pushed up the "to-do" list as it was such a time saver and it should be (relatively) simply to add because it doesnt involve the AI at all (the 180 arc, not the armour arc).

I'm not so worried about the target command, although I would be disappointed if the 'Target light' command disappears, but more the limited function the cover arc command has in its present CMSF state.

The lack of ability to assign specific types of target within a covered arc severely limits the arcs ambush and keyhole function.

It just seems illogical to me that we have two types of target command and only a vanilla covered arc state.

It's fantastic that we can now split infantry squads and have specific AT assets etc, but not having the ability to cover armor specifically, limits their effectiveness in their assigned roles. This will be especially true of course for AT guns that will undoubtedly have a mix of HE/AT shells in CM:BN.

Having carefully set up/key-holed an AT asset, I really don't want it popping off shots at infantry scouts!

Having carefully set up/key-holed an AT asset, I really don't want it popping off shots at infantry scouts!

...yeah, this could be a real issue in some situations and lead to unrealistic results.

Your AT gun opens fire at those scouts and now the enemy knows your position = AT goes *boom*.

Well, there is a chance that with the new spotting system, the scouts go to ground ( or may even be injured by the HE ) and don't spot the AT gun.

The opponent may know there's one "somewhere" there, but not with the sort of precision of CMx1.

Come to think of it though, my Borgs are broken in CMx1, they never seem to spot anything until it's way too late :-D

Still, my hope is that there is some sort of "Cover Armour" only command. Hope hope.

In the end it would be the best to have at least 3 options for the cover-arc:

1. Kill them all

2. Soft targets only (not that important...)

3. Hard targets only

That way you are able to set up everything like you need it in a specific situation, i just hope such options are not that hard to do for Battlefront !

I doubt that "Kill em all" will be needed. Soft/general is fine. It is basically a "kill em all" based on what the AI considers the most critical target first.

If your tank is plinking away at inf and an enemy tank appears, I WANT my tank to go after the more important target.

• 4 weeks later...