Heart pounding alt CMSF music?

Erwin

Thanks... The link has the music from Black Hawk Down which would also work well.

But, unless I am missing something the thread doesn't explain how to make the U-Tube music playable in the Z folder.

(Hey I am not even sure how to get my wife's iPod to work, so...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=103AYigJSDs&feature=related

Anyone know how to convert to a file we can use in our Z folder?

Oh hell yeah, good ole Ministry, hearing that just brought back memories of a misspent youth. I had my whole life ahead of me, all I had to worry about was to party and get laid. :D

Speaking of Ministry, can't go wrong with Jesus Built My Hotrod. I also liked Scarecrow too.

P.S. Next time your starting out a PBEM, tell and link your opponent:

"Sargent D is coming, and you're on his list"

You never know, it may scare him or at the least give him a headache. LOL

BeavisButthead_HeadBang_Ani.gif

I saw Bill Milano with MOD in 87...Annihilator and Reverend on the same bill.

Mord.

Very nice, I was a bit too young at that time and had to resort to Headbangers Ball on Friday nights. I didn't get to my first show until 91 at the 9:30 club in DC. It was a little band at the time nobody really knew about, it was Nirvana. Their big Nevermind album hit like two months later.

I never liked Nirvana but that would be a great bragging story for Nirvana fans...always cool when you can say you saw a band in a small club before they hit it big. I've got a buddy that likes to remind me how he saw Metallica on Kill'em All...and The Cars on their debut and CandyO...all in small clubs. I saw Dio right down the street from where I am sitting...a tiny club and that was in 99...he was like friggin' twenty feet from me...he stayed and met everyone that wanted to meet him, afterward...he was an incredibly gracious man.

I remember going to the 9:30 circa 87-88 to catch Celtic Frost and Exodus...I didn't have a ticket and the show sold out but CF canceled anyhow...ended up hooking up with these three punk chicks that all had fan mohawks.

Did end up seeing Slayer there in 99...but I HATE DC...

My first show was Megadeth and Flotsam and Jetsam on the Peace Sells tour in Baltimore.

Mord.

Thanks... The link has the music from Black Hawk Down which would also work well.

But, unless I am missing something the thread doesn't explain how to make the U-Tube music playable in the Z folder.

(Hey I am not even sure how to get my wife's iPod to work, so...)

Just google... there are programs that rip music off youtube videos. The quality will be crap though, not to mention it's piracy.

To the right! To the right! (need a new cuss mod, Mord!)

I guess I'm an old fart, but back in my clubbing days (1980-1985), Industrial music meant the likes of Throbbing Gristle. If you can stand it, try this track Discipline* and see if it don't get your Doc Martens stompin'. Don't bother telling me you hate it -- if you aren't into industrial, just like certain wargames, you Just Won't Get It.

* And just in case the irony of the pictured Youtube image is lost, here is the actual album cover from "Marching Music for Psychic Youth".

BTW, my preferred club attire as a pale skinny punk was the dayglo orange Squad Leader tee shirt from AH. Subversive but now long gone, alas (although the only golf shirt I presently own has a Tiger IE on it -- I hate golf).

CM players are connoisseurs, wot can I say?

I had that politically, umm, ambiguous TG album cover (see link above) up on my dorm wall in 1982-3. But since I was not in fact a skinhead, merely young and alienated, I also displayed Brixton poet Linton Kwesi Johnson to restore the yin-yang balance.

Oh, and you young whippersnappers have your "New World Order", I've got

Saw Butthole Surfers at Hammerjacks...

I always liked Dr. Know...Maaaster...MASTER MIND.

I'll be working on an update for the Brits soon, Vincere is helping me out...

Speaking of which Noxnoctum wrote me about doing some stuff and then never answered my PM back...So, while you are in this thread...CHECK your PM! LOL it's only been like 2 months.

Mord.

Hehe, Butthole Surfers, first time I dropped acid I heard their remake of Donvans

and loved it. I remember it was 4th of July weekend with amazing fireworks. Well at least with my perception of reality that night, everything was amazing. :D (this was also in 91, their Piouhgd album just came out)

Also really like their Pepper song too.

Anybody else like Clutch around here? I must of seen them over a dozen times by now. They're great live. First saw them at the 9:30 as well. I remember they had to stop playing Binge & Purge because there was just too many fights breaking out. LOL I think this was in 93.

I don't need that ****e to escape from reality. I am reality.... Drugs generally either put me to sleep or make me talk nonstop, neither of which I need help with. My brain cells die gently in my wine cellar these days.

A guy I worked with dropped acid at the 1968 Big Brother & the Holding Company / Iron Butterfly show in GG Park, then steered an aircraft carrier out the GG bridge next day, still tripping. He's now in his sixties, a born again and completely teetotal, but still a blast to party with.

And speaking of Iron Butterfly, here's a surreal sludge remix of In a Gadda da Vida. Don't bother with the video -- fairly standard issue.

The headbangers will likely prefer the cover by Slayer. There's also one by Jag Panzer, but in spite of the on-topic band name, it's weak.

And for those selecting "none of the above", there's the classic Simpsons clip.

So this has now officially become the CMSF Doctor Demento thread?

How did this get to talking about drugs???

Anyways... plenty of people don't use them to "escape reality" but rather to explore different aspects of it ya know... and of all of them alcohol's probably the worst for you behind meth and tobacco. Not to mention you don't see many wife beatings being a result of weed do you?

music and drugs tend to go together quite often...

classic quote from bill hicks i first heard on the tool song "third eye"

"See, I think drugs have done some *good* things for us, I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a Favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cd’s and burn em’. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who’ve made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years...

Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal ------ high on drugs."

--Bill Hicks

Hey, thanks for arranging the d/l Mord! Can't wait to try it out as soon as I get back from travels.

And thanks to the rest of you guys I have a bunch of bands and music to check out. I love industrial. I think that Lady Gaga is the latest incarnation since a lot of her best music seems based on Euro style industrial club music. Love her stuff too.

Thanks again all...

music and drugs tend to go together quite often...

classic quote from bill hicks i first heard on the tool song "third eye"

"See, I think drugs have done some *good* things for us, I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a Favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cd’s and burn em’. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who’ve made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years...

Rrrrrrrrrrrrreal ------ high on drugs."

--Bill Hicks

Amen to that.