Ugh this game is owning my life

Ugh this game is owning my life

Don't fight it; go with it. Resistance is futile, and you'll only come back to it.

Don't forget that as well as you changing your approach to each battle, most have several AI plans so replay value. If you get through that, then there's lots of user made battles and campaigns. Still got the itch take to the top and play pbem ;)

Enjoy the ride. But get some sleep once in a while, drink smothies at the keyboard, and keep your job.

Wow a 1000? I may eventually get there when the new WW2 title releases heh. I used to post heavily about BN and the others

I had a question about the netting and voice mods

When i unzip them they are WAV files in folders, and the netting mod was some BMP's

I thought mods had to be BRZ files?

abneo3sierra - I will see what I can do, I am sure I will get around to it eventually. However I can't promise anything I'm afraid because I am pretty busy with a load of scenario design right now - I have 4 maps in various states of completion!

Pvthudson - yep, anything in the Z folder will take priority over any standard in game assets.

The trouble with .bmp files in the Z folder is that they really build up so if you want to change em it's bitch to figure out which ones to delete or keep.

I hope mod makers either put their mod files in a brz or a folder.

Actually, can one simply place .bmp files in a new folder and name it? In which case what is the naming protocol?

I think that alphabetically, the last folder name (eg: Z) and file is the one that gets read and used in the game. (ie: All competing mods with earlier alphabetical names will NOT be used.)

Is that correct?

That's waaay to high tech 4 me. :(

Anyhow, there are so few mods relative to CM1, I find I use almost everything at the same time. The problem is what do do with all the .bmp files. Can one put them in a folder of ones own making and name (under Z of course) and they would get used that way?

Agree CMx2 can been quiet the consumer of time. Finding it very difficult to be patient waiting for CM:BN , cant wait to get stuck into the WW2 real campaigns. Somehow the CMSF campaigns didn't do it for me , just dont enjoy the scenery at all (not to mentioned the buzzing fly sound effect) and the fact they are fiction just doesn't do it for me :( Tend to find i play small custom battles lots though, its still a very enjoyable game from a tactics point of view , just not battle to battle longevity and historical accuracy.