Just like the good old days!

Hurray!

You guys are making another CM game set in the good ol' WW2 setting!

*does hamstertruppen dance*

Can't help to be excited because I played the old series to death and kind of lost you kind when you did 'that modern stuff'. I like only like to play with the old stuff see.

Damn this brings back the memories of those days with the demo, endlessly playing that scenario with the little church and the three stugs. ('Chance Encounter'?) Ah memories, I am getting old...:rolleyes:

But as for the new CM:BN the screenshots are looking fantastic! And I have no worries you would again make it an accurate, historical beast of a game while the 'grognards' roll around on the forum complaining that flares fired from the nahverteidigungswaffen on sturmtigers are moddeled incorrectly. :P

Anyways, I will keep a sharp eye on you guys working your magic again and I will be sure to be there for another 'night of the refreshing monkeys' when the demo gets out!

Sorry, but bull****, search if you want, I'm too tired to bother sorting through hundreds of threads just to make a futile point. I'm not making **** up.

Dear sir, please take thou negative brooding nitpicking elsewhere, where they will not diminish my radiating joy in discovering that a new WW2 CM game is in the making. I need my basking moment. :cool:

Now get :D;)

Thinking of the old days, I wonder what heppened to the young American chap, the fellow who went off to join the Air Force. He had the dog, the one that looked like Patton's except his was a different colour and who he pissed off to make him (the dog not Patton) to make him growl and show his teeth. That thread was surely the funniest that has ever graced these boards.

Cant you guys come up with some new jokes?

This Frenchman walks into a bank and notices that the teller's name plaque reads "Patricia Whack". He walks up and says, "'Allo, my name is Pierre Jagger. I am the son of Mick Jagger and I want to borrow $30,000 so that I can have a nice vacation in the Bahamas. As collateral, I offer this priceless heirloom from the court of Louis XIV," and he holds up an exquisitely painted tiny porcelain doll.

The teller says, "This is most unusual, I will have to discuss this with my boss." So she takes the doll into the manager's office and explains the situation to him. Finishing, she holds up the doll and says, "And what the hell is this thing anyway?"

The manager replies, "It's a knick-knack, Patty Whack. Give a Frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

There, that do?

Michael

It's probably just me, but there's no way I'm crushed over the lack of a feature that is really only 1/2 of a feature... I mean, WEGO TCP/IP with no replay? Seriously? What is the point?

PBEM with a memory stick makes more sense on a LAN and vanilla PBEM makes more sense on the internet (at least according to me!). Heck, I'd rather play hotseat than WEGO with no replay (I've played hotseat before, it's really not too shabby).

Well you might be waiting a while.

From here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?p=1221219#post1221219

Yeah, we know the lobbying will never stop. But it is also completely unnecessary. We know it's an important feature to a fair number of people and we're not going to forget that. Lobbying won't make it happen any quicker just as not lobbying will make it happen any later. It will get in when we feel we can get it in, no sooner and no later.

BTW, we have no plans to even attempt TCP/IP WeGo with playback. We would like to do it with playback, of course, so it is on our minds. But unlike TCP/IP WeGo without playback, it's not on a ToDo List.

Steve

Yeah, I just saw that thread, however, I'm not waiting any longer than it takes to email a turn or pass a memory stick so it's all good for me (wego/tcp always made me feel nervous which led to bad decisions so I don't miss it at all).

Frankly, I'm in the even-smaller-minority that wants moveable waypoints way before I'd want a feature that is really only 1/2 a feature. It is important to note that I am not complaining, I'm only feeling Love for BF these days.

I agree

I don't think BF should do TCP/WEGO without pause at all, I think it could contribute towards a negative image of the game, people will notice the lack of proper TCP/WEGO less than they would half a feature that really offers very little advantage

If you're going to do a feature like this (please do : ) ) do it properly, i for one can wait a bit longer for it ; )

Yeah, I just saw that thread, however, I'm not waiting any longer than it takes to email a turn or pass a memory stick so it's all good for me (wego/tcp always made me feel nervous which led to bad decisions so I don't miss it at all).

Frankly, I'm in the even-smaller-minority that wants moveable waypoints way before I'd want a feature that is really only 1/2 a feature. It is important to note that I am not complaining, I'm only feeling Love for BF these days.

Well if you use file sharing and something like Hamachi to get yourself on the "same" sub net you can avoid the "pass the usb stck" method.

Just stick with PBEM and save your turn to a shared drive and then the other person can access it from there (saves on email attachment limits, etc.)

I'm one the "movable waypoints bandwagon" too. :)

Well if you use file sharing and something like Hamachi to get yourself on the "same" sub net you can avoid the "pass the usb stck" method.

Just stick with PBEM and save your turn to a shared drive and then the other person can access it from there (saves on email attachment limits, etc.)

I'm one the "movable waypoints bandwagon" too. :)

Why not just use a shared Dropbox folder? Almost as fast as TCP and no loss of features. Well, except maybe a chat facility.

As stated above, there are oh so many ways to share files these days.