Minimum/Recommended hardware for CM:BN?

Has this been mentioned before, the minimum + recommended hardware requirements for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy title?

Got a laptop with

--Windows Vista (32 bit)

--2,50 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo (T9300)

--4 Gig RAM

--ATi Mobility Radeon HD 3650

So I should be safe for at least some recommended hardware requirements for the game, or not?

I know swimming in molasses is possible, but will it be practical?

I suggest downloading the latest CMSF Demo with the NATO module and see how that runs for you. CM Normandy is most likely going to perform a bit worse than the CMSF Demo in my estimation, primarily due to more foliage/trees, water effects and possibly more and varied textures.

CPU and RAM-wise I believe you should be fine (CM games are only 32-bit). A Radeon Mobility 3650 is a moderate graphics performer for laptops and it should be 'OK' for CM Normandy, but it will most likely not do too well for larger battles (units, map size, etc.) without reducing the model and texture quality settings.

Field Marshall I have a intel pentium dual 2.80 ghs total memory 2046, video card a Ge force 7800gtx memory 256mb, windows xp, would this be adequate to run the game Normandy CM, and if not which one of the above would you upgrade first?

Bo

Check my specs :) You are close to it but I would upgrade your videocard 1st and ad 2 GB extra RAM.

Coming from a slightly different angle, I am due a machine upgrade soon. What would be an ideal RAM/Video Card combination that will handle CMBfN with ease and perhaps with a good bit to spare.

I don't play games on PC other than this (and Total War sometimes) so don't need the mega bucks for best this and best that but there are perhaps a lot of middle or upper middle range combinations to consider.

I suggest downloading the latest CMSF Demo with the NATO module and see how that runs for you. CM Normandy is most likely going to perform a bit worse than the CMSF Demo in my estimation, primarily due to more foliage/trees, water effects and possibly more and varied textures.

CPU and RAM-wise I believe you should be fine (CM games are only 32-bit). A Radeon Mobility 3650 is a moderate graphics performer for laptops and it should be 'OK' for CM Normandy, but it will most likely not do too well for larger battles (units, map size, etc.) without reducing the model and texture quality settings.

Thank you for your answer Schrull. The Demo of CMSF runs fine on my specs.

Seems even If I do have to trade off some less sizzle for steak in CM:BN, at least I'll still eat.