Updated TF Thunder

Waaarg

Now that the series is complete, theres a lot of content that would have been really cool in TF thunder.

Everything has gotten better since the 2007 release. Scenario designers are masters of the editor, including the AI scripts/plans, the maps were fairly basic as far as aesthetics go though tactically they were some of my favorites (Mission 1 and 2 were fan-tastic).

Introducing Syrian Airborne and better quailty Regular units and T-72 and T-90's, the new IFVs, the new technicals for Uncons, all the ATGMs introduced throughout the 3 modules, with Syrian Air support could turn what people were saying, "A demonstration of US combat power" into a real dog fight. The other answer was "I don't play Army" I heard a lot, and that is a shame as they are a really fun force to play with.

I know the US didn't get anything new (Although, everyone has to have base game....), but another US branch and their NATO allies are. Re-working stock mission forces, or adding allied forces for joint operations would be really cool. The patches also make this a different game from release, I don't know if current feature list is taken into account in the design phase of scenario building, but that may be a factor as well.

I know this is probably wishful thinking, but on a side note - I really hope the policy is changed on self contained modules. I can see the point of it, but everyone has to have the base game and I haven't heard any change to this formula. So at minimum, I hope the base module is updated throughout future releases. But I'd like to see all modules get new content and scenarios in the future, so theres a reason besides nostalgia to play old forces and we don't have to rely on the community.

Both the first and second mission of the original campaign were mine. If there is enough interest, I can re-do the 2 missions with updated forces and release as a single mission. No ETA, currently plotting evil in Normandy. There were 5 AI plans if I remember correctly, so would take some time.

Rune

Don't put it all on Rune guys. Want new scenarios? Learn how to use the editor and contribute. We really don't give the guys out there making new scenarios enough thanks. I'm in the middle of the Task Force Narwick campaign right now. Fantastic stuff!

No ETA, currently plotting evil in Normandy.

Rune

If this is the case, then I'm not interested. Simply put, if it takes resources/time away from CMN then no, don't bother.

P.S. Although it would be kool so see the original campaign reborn again with an update. ;)

Don't put it all on Rune guys. Want new scenarios? Learn how to use the editor and contribute. We really don't give the guys out there making new scenarios enough thanks. I'm in the middle of the Task Force Narwick campaign right now. Fantastic stuff!

I've spent enough time with game and scenario editors to know its not in my particular skill set to make high quality, and in this case, retail level scenarios/campaigns. I can mod the crap out of spreadsheets, but anything creative (skins/meshes/models/maps), I learned a long time ago is not me.

I'd like to see the entire campaign redone with access to all 4 modules. Its my favorite campaign, so if I want to see it re-done, I have to put in the request to the community. I too wouldn't want to see Normandy suffer, but at some point down the line......

And I agree, the scenario designers don't get enough credit, but I hope Ruse saw my comments as a compliment rather than a complaint b/c it was.

I would want that :D

Got enough game on me hands for the next couple of months since I don't really have time to play, so delay that stuff and start fixing old broken campaigns :D

But seriously, it would be very nice indeed to have the TF Thunder campaign updated!

EDIT: And of course I will light one up in dedication of our beloved scenario authors.

Both the first and second mission of the original campaign were mine. If there is enough interest, I can re-do the 2 missions with updated forces and release as a single mission. No ETA, currently plotting evil in Normandy. There were 5 AI plans if I remember correctly, so would take some time.

Rune

Breakthrough at the berm is still my favorite mission ^_^

I'm sure that since all the modules are released for CMSF, we will see many more 3rd-party campaigns that make use of multiple modules. I think Task Force Thunder is the only U.S. Army campaign I've played, but I'd definitely like to play another good one. It would be especially cool if it uses material from other modules, such as Syrian Airborne and T-90s (Marines), U.S. light infantry (British) and/or Shilkas and Syrian air support (NATO).

I'd work on one myself if I had loads of time on my hands. I'd have lots of editor studying to do in the beginning!