NATO module, I don't suppose you could tell us if...

Sequoia

I don't suppose anyone could tell us if we're getting any new scenarios with the Shilka vs the US Army or any new US scenarios with NATO?

I can tell you there is none unfortunately. We have 3 campaigns and a lot of scenarios using the blue forces that are unique to the module only. There are no new US Army units in NATO so no scenarios with them included.

Besides we had our hands full with the 3 new armies plus Syrian units included.

I´m sure there will be user made scenarios with US vs new Syrian units though, once the module is finally released.

Didn't they import some of the Afghan content and use it for the uncon side?

Not really. All models and units were made exclusively for NATO. Some info regarding air support units was used. Also code for multi barrel guns used in the Shilka was first done for CM:A.

Can I also ask, do the units/equipment introduced in earlier modules appear in later ones?

Elmar already answered that. No content for other modules. If you get NATO but does not have the Marines, you still should be able to use all the scenarios there.

-

I can tell you there is none unfortunately. We have 3 campaigns and a lot of scenarios using the blue forces that are unique to the module only. There are no new US Army units in NATO so no scenarios with them included.

Besides we had our hands full with the 3 new armies plus Syrian units included.

I´m sure there will be user made scenarios with US vs new Syrian units though, once the module is finally released.

. . .

Elmar already answered that. No content for other modules. If you get NATO but does not have the Marines, you still should be able to use all the scenarios there.

-

I feel it's necessary to emphasize that Webwing is only talking about the included scenarios in the module itself. If someone wants to make a scenario with T-90s and Shilkas vs U.S. Army, they can totally do so--but they need Marines AND NATO in order to do so. Clear? :)

Correct.

Our philosophy is that someone buying a Module should have 100% access to all of its content without prior purchase of anything other than the base game (obviously). But after the Modules are out, anything goes. The Repository has plenty of scenarios that mix and match things between Modules. This will likely be the case even more with future CM releases because the "Red" side will see a lot more variation over time compared to CM:SF.

Steve

Silly question, but very important...I assume that if I can run CMSF and CMSF USMC on my machine, I have enough horsepower to run CMSF NATO...

I had to ask because my MACBOOK PRO with the ATI x1600 is clearly getting a little long in the tooth...but I love it.....and I really think I must have this for Christmas....

Correct. The sorts of things which whack framerate are almost always significant changes to the core engine, usually graphics related. There have been no significant changes to the core engine for a while now. So if Marines v1.21 is running fine for you then NATO v1.30 will run fine for you as well. Of course the usual caveat of "fine" being dependent on the specific scenario being played. Bigger maps, more units, more intensive fighting, etc. can affect framerate.

Steve

Correct.

Our philosophy is that someone buying a Module should have 100% access to all of its content without prior purchase of anything other than the base game (obviously). But after the Modules are out, anything goes. The Repository has plenty of scenarios that mix and match things between Modules. This will likely be the case even more with future CM releases because the "Red" side will see a lot more variation over time compared to CM:SF.

Steve

I'm wondering how this will work with the Normandy game and the Market-Garden and "Extra stuff" modules. Surely they will have to include Commonwealth forces.

I don't suppose anyone could tell us if we're getting any new scenarios with the Shilka vs the US Army or any new US scenarios with NATO? :)

At this point you may have noticed already, but Atlantic Games is a Blue vs. Blue H2H scenario with US, Canada, NL and Germany. No Shilkas, though!