Weather

Scipio

Yeah, I saw those the first night, when I messed with the editor...at first I thought we'd have them...then I saw we couldn't select them...but it does look like a preview for the weather in Normandy. I liked the many options.

Mord.

I seem to remember that no hand to hand may be because of the animations involved? And not something thats just not possible due to code limitations etc. Again, weather in Afghanistan would be nice, as Afghanistan does have weather sometimes.

Once more I dont know the difficulties of implementing weather and what effect this may have on frame rates etc. Even on higher spec PCs a lot of on screen clutter seems to slow the game down.

To be honest, Id rather not see weather and have the CQB animations if there were a choice.

As CMX2 evolves, weather effects will be implemented. So they have already coded the GUI for weather options in the latest build of the engine. It has previously been mentioned by Battlefront that the game following Normandy will have snow (Battle of the Bulge). Seems that if you have snow, they would include rain also. It was quite rainy during the summer of 44', so who knows, we may see rain earlier than the Bulge.

As CMX2 evolves, weather effects will be implemented. So they have already coded the GUI for weather options in the latest build of the engine. It has previously been mentioned by Battlefront that the game following Normandy will have snow (Battle of the Bulge). Seems that if you have snow, they would include rain also. It was quite rainy during the summer of 44', so who knows, we may see rain earlier than the Bulge.

I am gonna say it's a 100% guarantee we'll see rain in Normandy. I can't see them not doing it.

I am hoping they were holding back these conditions from the Afghan game because they want Normandy to showcase the BIG new features firt. Only say that because it seems awful weird to have these choices in CMA and not be able to select them. Why include it if it's not gonna be utilized later?

Anyway, if these choices are the same in Normandy...it's a helluva a lot more weather conditions than CMX1 offered for summer.

Mord.

• 5 weeks later...

I am hoping they were holding back these conditions from the Afghan game because they want Normandy to showcase the BIG new features firt.

Rain isn't that big of a feature when you think of it, it's effects on a battlefield are roughly the same as haze so i can't imagine why it would be that difficult to put in. Then again if that was the case why not have it in CMA?

Personally I hope it comes in on a patch as i'm assuming there were a significant amount of scenario opportunities where rain/snow was involved. Please correct me if i'm wrong : )

PS

If Rain isn't in normandy it will be a major cop out : )

Rain isn't that big of a feature when you think of it, it's effects on a battlefield are roughly the same as haze ...

IIRC the rain setting in CMx1 did not only effect LOS and spotting but the ground condition as well. If they implemented this in CMx2 as well it would have quite an impact on tactics. Oh those sweet memories of my Tigers bogging down :mad:.

IIRC the rain setting in CMx1 did not only effect LOS and spotting but the ground condition as well. If they implemented this in CMx2 as well it would have quite an impact on tactics. Oh those sweet memories of my Tigers bogging down :mad:.

IIRC bogging is increased if you set ground conditions to wet both in CMx1 and CMx2.