Will CMSF:Normandy have a strat layer?

Destraex1

I noticed Theatre of War Korea and Achtung Panzer Kharkov have a strategy map ala close combat or total war.

Are their any plans to do this for CMSF? This combined with Cherry picking from an OOB would be very nice. A strategy layer always gives a nice sense of overall progress and makes battles matter more.

Considering that CM:Normandy still will need a lot of work to be in a equal level of quality and features than the old CMBB and CMAK... it's hard to think in a strategic layer.

Even if they consider to open some SDK about external public interfaces and data conections to battle setups and victory results (including status of the units after battle)... it will need the interest of a good third party developer that consider something of the scope of Combat Mission Campaigns... where details like comunications links on the field by runners, wire, radio, etc... were planified as part of the proyect.

damn, would have been good. Talking about runners and comms. It would be great if they were also implimented. Command and Comms in game are done well in cmsf. In ww2 it will really affect things. Comms being very different for different units

does this mean killing the hq unit, and or the radio element of a squad could have implications?

Compared to a random battle campaign the case for a full blown campaign game is pretty weak. Sure, it'd be great, but requires a whole new game to be added to CMx2. Never likely to happen.

Whereas with the addition of random megatile maps (a very desirable thing on it's own btw) and some sort of experience and equipment tracker you could get something in the vein of the Steel Panthers campaigns.

Anyway, I've been on this hobby horse before.

been a year or so since i have logged into BF forums, delighted by the idea there will be a CM:Normandy !!! , do you have any updated news on this product at all ?

What can we expect from the product ? how long till release ?

thanks for any info

Scott

Check the stickies, it's pretty much all there. Except a release date. That's as much an enigma now as it ever was. I wouldn't count on anything until November/December.

We're expecting a name and website any day now.