RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part VI)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tero sent me a turn today, unfortunately the previous turn. Score another one for Mercury in retrograde! I say another one because when I tried to post yesterday, I got a banned notice for the AOL IP number I was using, much to my shock. Apparently, a block of IP numbers got banned in dealing with some hacking attempt, and mine was in the block. Now, my IP number, being dynamic, is different.

Fate, the only way I can afford that technotoy is if you buy it for me (in which case, thanks! What a pal!). Seriously, I'd have to gut myself if I spaced out and somehow misplaced/forgot my almost as much as my car laptop computer. Latest info suggests that I'm a few days away from having a fully loaded 15" or 17" iMac, complete with AirPort goodies. Am not really a mobile computing sort of person--so far at least. Haven't had the need, and laptops were way too expensive for me. Also, readability in daylight was awful. I believe the ergonomics of the new iMac will be a huge help, conforming the display to me rather than the other way around.

Regards,

John Kettler

Tero and I continue to be turn dogged. The replacement turn turned out to be his turn and therefore equally as useless, but in a different way, than the prior problem. Finishing this fight's becoming harder than tooth extraction sans anesthesia on a cranky sabertooth. Mr. Murphy is in full hue and cry in finishing these last few turns.

Regards,

John Kettler

Issued penultimate orders a bit late, thanks to

a friend's dropping by mere hours before my 48th birthday. We stayed up until nearly dawn visiting, looking at military books, and telling the strange tales of our recent experiences.

As for rockets...

Wireless operator?

Sah!

Be so good as to send this grid off straightaway

to those Land Mattress lads. They've been begging for a suitable target for days to show off their new toy. Since Jerry's everywhere in front of us, they're bound to hit something. Make bloody sure they offset the aimpoint enough so the blighty rockets don't land on us, though.

Sah!

Regards,

John Kettler

Have seen the bloody and devastating last turn, but Tero gets to see the ultimate outcome and butcher's bill first. I feel spent, so much so that I mislabeled the turn in the subject block of the E-mail to Tero, though I did attach the correct turn.

Fate, am sweating blood here, for I don't have it yet (supposedly imminent) and RoW III has begun, but the odds favor a 17" iMac and a DSL hookup.

Regards,

John Kettler

Sunday came, and with it, the juicy details of what really happened in my rather prolonged clash with Tero. My RoW II duties are now complete in terms of the battles, but the AARs yet remain.

RoW II has been quite an experience, and the perversity and deviousness of the scenario designers--impressive. I shall be most interested in seeing how I fared in this scenario, as compared to my fellows. I found it extremely challenging, especially given what I had to work with in terms of terrain and forces.

Regards,

John Kettler