RoW II: The Boots & Tracks Brawl (Part VI)

Guess I kind of gave away the overall result there. Labrats was pretty wacky, I was lucky enough to have troops in position in one of the barbed wired assualts which cost John a fair bit of casualties. He did manage to get a hq unit in to contest a second flag which cost me.

Now to figure out the differnce between assualt and advance for these furshlinger cmbb scens in Row III.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tero has returned to our gift exchange. His gift was a nasty crossfire which caused some of my giftgivers to leave hastily. In exchange, I wiped out a whole group of his. He is applying strong pressure to my X and seems to think I have a Z in my force.

KR, yes, he did beat me, and the wire incident was simply devastating. It's one thing to be in the wire while not observed and quite another when you suddenly find LOS is 10 meters longer than anywhere else--when the foe opens up with everything he has from a perceived to be empty building and turns your men to chutney. He cut me to pieces, but my men (the few who survived) are still able to fight, and he knows he's been in a brawl as well. On a lighter note, am delighted to see I actually outscored you in Emilville Exit. Guess I must be improving. Yes, there will be colorful AARs, but I have an EOM deadline for a magazine article, too.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

KR, yes, he did beat me, and the wire incident was simply devastating. It's one thing to be in the wire while not observed and quite another when you suddenly find LOS is 10 meters longer than anywhere else--when the foe opens up with everything he has from a perceived to be empty building and turns your men to chutney. He cut me to pieces, but my men (the few who survived) are still able to fight, and he knows he's been in a brawl as well. On a lighter note, am delighted to see I actually outscored you in Emilville Exit. Guess I must be improving. Yes, there will be colorful AARs, but I have an EOM deadline for a magazine article, too.

Regards,

John Kettler

Well done with Emilville Exit. However, did you manage to knock out all your opponents armour in the process?

Regards

Jim R.

Also need how to learn to spell assault.

Also found out in CMBB, it's a people management kind of thing. Troop's morale is very fragile. Human Waves only work with huge suppression fire.

And BTW, a kickbutt 2 person scen off the cd is Jaegermeister. Great topography and challenging tactics/strategy.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Tero and I are almost to the 2/3 mark in our game,

which is my last in the Finals. KR, I killed a bunch of stuff, but the details are classified Top

Secret/Rel Treeburst155.

Regards,

John Kettler

O.K. You've got me stumped John. How come you know you achieved a better score in Emilville Exit when you're only two thirds the way through? Are you some sort of soothsayer who can see into the future or sumfink?

:confused:

Regards

Jim R.

KR,

Positively no voodoo, ESP or anything else involved, merely a simple misunderstanding on your end. You see, I have completed Emilville Exit. You apparently have that confused with North of Epron, which is a little over 2/3 done and is the subject of this update.

Tero and I are celebrating the season by battling on. I chopped him up in several sectors, but he returned the favor in a peculiarly painful manner. Is it too late to return such gifts? Guess so, because I issued orders to add to his woes.

Merry Christmas (or whatever else is appropriate)

to All!

Regards,

John Kettler

[ December 25, 2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: John Kettler ]

The apparent seismic plague has returned with a vengeance, manifesting as annoying repeated connection attempts on the one hand and devastating not reading the CD-ROM drive on the other, in spite of reboots and full shutdowns. I received Tero's newest turn but am powerless to do anything with it until such time as the computer again deigns to read the CD-ROM drive. Weeks ago, I tried to follow some suggestions regarding making a CMBO disk image, only to find and post that the listed procedures didn't work for OS 8.6. As I recall, no one answered.

Regards,

John Kettler

On the disk copy thing;

1. upgrade to at least os9 for gosh sakes.

2. do a search on your system for anything with the word "disk" in it. No idea whether or not 8 had this, but if it did, it would be something with the aforementioned word in it. In 9.2.2, it's just called "Disk Copy".