Visual Bone

Not knowing anything at all about WW2 calliopes, I ask have you seen this?

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen that before although I knew that they have been playing around with thermobaric weapons for quite a while. I have to wonder how much of the development of this one was provoked by the fighting in Chechnya.

Michael

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...it sounds like the Calliope could conceivably be in the timeframe of one of the modules at least, but pretty tangential to the base game.

And since Steve has declared, and recently repeated, that the game is not going to attempt to include every item in the arsenal, I do not expect it to appear in the initial offering.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

guys how about to use in the game the real terrain and real distances?

because there are a pretty game named as Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 so in that game there r a REAL terrain. and if u will make the game about WW2 u will be the second after that developers in doing a hardcore games. please think about it

i mean that CM needs to use REAL terrain (maps in game = maps in real life) . as we can see its not so difficalt

I don't understand what you mean?

The mission editor allows you to recreate whatever terrain you like (as long as the engine supports it) down to a resolution of 8m squares

so all work i must do by myself? why developers cant do this?

Well the game will come with (hopefully) lots of stock scenarios and at least one campaign.

Judging by what the stock campaigns and scenario's that have been released so far the maps are based on real life locations, and are pretty damn accurate.

It's not that you have to do the work yourself, just the scenario editor allows you to create your own scenarios.

Don't tell me Kharkov doesn't have a scenario editor?

Kharkov have not a scenario editor. it has only quick battle. but i didnt want to decide what game is better. i just say that we need to use only real based terrain in the game. if u will play a Kharkov only 1 time u will see that real based maps r mush better

And here is an example of how accurate the stock campaign maps are

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1146874&postcount=2

great work! thanks

It's not that BFC are unaware of SS and FJ contributions, it's the logistics. To have the FJ and SS in the main title release from the get go requires a fair bit of work, I would think. There's always something we can point at and say "what about unit X?". Also, not un-importantly, including so much would severely limit content for modules.

Me? I'm surprised we even get US paras. I would have thought that they would be combined with the FJ, British Paras and the much overlooked glider troops in a single module. Throw in some extra terrain to create Arnhem and voilà, an easily marketable module right there.

waffen SS isnt just another one thing. i think u would be very glad if in game will be only US paratroopers...

to pay attention for the game about WW2 where the SS isnt present? r u serious?

The game isn't about WW2, it is about a very specific time period (june - september 44 i believe) Covering just the US forces in Normandy. As far as I'm aware there wasn't a significant amount of SS units facing the US as this time.

They will come eventually though

Its always been understood that the CMx2 series will not be getting everything all at once. The plan has been it builds and expands with subsequent modules. So its not that some particular unit or weapon isn't in the game, its that it isn't in the game yet. ...assuming whatever you're looking for doesn't show up in the initial release.

Videoment,

It would be be wise if you took greater care reading what is written.

The information given previously is correct.

For instance your 12th SS Hitlerjugemd spend almost all of their time opposite Canadians, not US forces. Even at Falaise!

And that's true for most SS formations. They were mainly opposite Commonwealth forces. Since the initial release covers the US forces in Normandy, it doesn't make much sense to add an enemy the US barely fought against during this time.

Modules/expansions will add both Commonwealth, SS forces and other stuff to cover the fighting from Overlord to Market Garden.

So much of the Commonwealth material was U.S. made it makes sense to do U.S. first though even if British and Canadian sales equaled U.S. sales. But what Commonwealth vehicles do we realistically expect to see that weren't in CMBO?

Yeah there's not much if you include the armored cars we got in CMAK. Maybe a uniquely British truck and the Tetrarch though I can see the later being left to the 3rd "catch-all" module if at all since, what maybe 20 saw action. A Sherman flail would be interesting but so far Battlefront has not wanted to include engineering vehicles.

• 1 month later...

Visit this site seldomly now, but still playing CM from CMBO release. Never anything better. CMx2 Shock Force didn't cover area of interest, so I bowed out. But CMx1 more than sufficient to fill WWII needs.

Thanks for the CMx2:Nomandy module visual bones. Looks absolutely delicious. I'm finally in the CMx2 purchasing queue when the WWII based modules become available. You have two programmers now, should be twice as fast, no?

• 2 weeks later...