What other games are you looking forward to?

noxnoctum

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943 was just released last Thursday. They were giving away free copies last week off their facebook page. I tried, no luck, not sure if their still doing it though. This game is from the same guys who made the great East Front tank sim "Steel Fury".

I haven't seen any reviews for it yet either, but the demo is out:

http://www.filefront.com/15611511/Achtung-Panzer-Kharkov-1943-Demo/

Be forewarned though, the manual is in PDF and you will certainly need it. I haven't had the time to dive into yet. Just tinkered with it a little bit, but definitely like what I see. This game certainly has great potential.

I play CMBB, CMAK, 'John Tillers' Campaign Series, and 'Red Orchestra'. This way I have 3 levels of Tactical Combat;

1st Person Shooter ( RO...Username JoMc67 or MAC0766 ), Individual Vehicles & Squads ( CM ), and Platoon level Vehicles and Infantry ( Campaign Series ).

My next WWII game purchase will be a European Grand Strategy ( Corp level ), either from Battlefront or Matrix.

Joe

Can't add you on Steam, if that's what you are using.

I'm in the PENG group, under the cunning disguise as elmarby and will go for something similarly lacking in imagination if BBC2 requires a separate ID tag. I'll keep an eye out for you OM.

I haven't bought BFBC2 yet but I'm pretty sure Steam is not used, not yet anyway. EA has their own buddy system for hooking up with friends and gaming.

Edit: Spoke to soon, just booted up Steam and there it is. I have a Pvt_Function in my friends list so it should work Elmar. He's not in the Peng group though.

Nonetheless, I'm gonna be buying the game probably tomorrow. So I'll come butcher you all shortly. I'm still in the Peng group as well, same name as here, MeatEtr.

Hmmm, does OM need to be online to be added? Because I'm steadfastly told Pvt_Function doesn't exist. I recall trying before and I couldn't add him then either.

*edit*

Googled the Pvt_Function profile, got a Steam profile where Pvt_Function left a message and could click the link to add him from there. Weird.

Is it just me or is it funny watching old farts pretend their young again by calling each other "Dude"?

No kidding. It's like seeing some 40 y.o. guy in a disco club with his shirt open and about half a dozen gold chains hanging around his neck. Who is he trying to kid? He's not cool and probably never has been in all his life.

rant.gif

Michael

I blame the Torygraph's anti-Europe stance. Don't want to be part of Europe? Fine, then have your own release dates too!

Curiously Italy is similarly forced to wait till the 5th. I'm sure there's a logical reason for it. But I can't think of it right now.

If it's any consolation, multi-player is very tricky, most times there's no server to be found. Only had a few goes on two maps. Both very confined and hectic maps. I prefer the more open maps, a la the Battlefield 2 demo map. Also, no prone, which is cramping my style as a cunning bastard sniping people from the last place they expect me to be.

PS

DUDE!