Intro Trailer.

Anybody else think that the Intro Trailer looks very, very nice? Too bad ToW lost alot of it's intended fan base with ToW 1.0.:(

Yes beautiful. I'm timing my purchase of a new computer ( its been over 6 years) just to enjoy this game in all its splendor.

It had to evolve from something i.eTOW 1. Remember how clunky and ugly close combat 1 was compared to CC2?

I am sorry but that trailer is sadly ridiculous.

It looks like some childish war cartoon and shows nothing about the actual way you can play the game. The same kind of stuff you see in teenage arcade games. Duh.

I don't get how people can still be dumb enough to be convinced buying a game with such a disinformational ad.

Oh, and btw, TOW2 regrettably turned into a strategy tank battle simulator. No infantry never shown in any way... (yeah, sometimes you get infantry actually in the game, but it's often useless stuff)

Well... what a about a trailer of german recon infantry opening the path for a platoon of tanks ??? (cause then with the tanks you get the 'kursk' issue :D)

Sincerely.

While technically nicely rendered I think the trailer is slightly off. Looks more like a Kickboxer duel from a recent Hollywood movie. And the player hardly gets any information about the game scope itself (tactical game leading many units).

Think I'll pass, as I did with the second part. I wait for the imaginary future installment when infantry gets designed better hopefully etc.

While technically nicely rendered I think the trailer is slightly off. Looks more like a Kickboxer duel from a recent Hollywood movie. And the player hardly gets any information about the game scope itself (tactical game leading many units).

Think I'll pass, as I did with the second part. I wait for the imaginary future installment when infantry gets designed better hopefully etc.

If you want to get an idea of what the game is like, why not try the demo; the trailer doesn't do it justice.

This is sooooooo typical for a russian game... Russian propaganda and bad historic half-knowing let me reason that this part of TOW is the same unrealistic arcarde game as TOW 1. This trailer is ridiculous as it can be from russian developers. A german panther destroyed by an 43 T-34 with a 76mm shell. I never seen such nonsense...

I think i should repost my comment from gametrailers here:

Sneaksie said: Guys, this trailer was made for promotion of the game (obviously) and for fun, not to start T-34 vs. Panther holy war. Discussing whether one tank should've knocked out the other or vice versa in a game trailer is very much like arguing about who would win - Superman or Spiderman :)And the game itself isn't a tank sim, it's a real-time (pausable) wargame (but visibility, ballistics and damage modelling are on simulation level). If you are interested in things like armor sloping, it's effect on APHE and APCBC rounds, ricochetes and other detailed stuff like that, you should definitely try the demo (currently only in Russian and old but there is a fan translation). You can press F4 during the game to see detailed hit info.

And for the record, it seems that your understanding of WW2 armor is completely FUBAR if you think that a 76mm round couldn't penetrate 65mm armor at close range. Take your insults about Russian propaganda and developers elsewhere.

no problem with the hit penetrating. my biggest problem with some of these 'tank sims' is firing on the move and hitting anything.

In TOW 2 tanks do stop to fire. In fact if you order a tank to move from A to B, and there are enemy afv visible, then it will automatically stop to engage.

I also find it totally and utterly unbelievable that anyone could decide not to buy a game just based on a promo video. Try the demo then make up your mind.

I also find it totally and utterly unbelievable that anyone could decide not to buy a game just based on a promo video. Try the demo then make up your mind.

So you don't work in marketing. Well, neither do I, thankfully, but I have managed to glean enough understanding of the concept that I don't find it 'utterly unbelievable' when it influences it's potential buyers, for good or bad.

And while I'm no slave to commercials (or even close), I do have a very limited amount of time to spend on games and demos, and since I expect the marketing to reflect the game (it should), I don't bother with games (or demos) where the marketing doesn't appeal to me.

So you don't work in marketing. Well, neither do I, thankfully, but I have managed to glean enough understanding of the concept that I don't find it 'utterly unbelievable' when it influences it's potential buyers, for good or bad.

And while I'm no slave to commercials (or even close), I do have a very limited amount of time to spend on games and demos, and since I expect the marketing to reflect the game (it should), I don't bother with games (or demos) where the marketing doesn't appeal to me.

SirReal,

My apologies - I was a bit strong. But my point was that although I agree the trailer is very arcadish, and may very well put people off, the demo is totally different, and TOW Kursk may be a game you would want to play.

I think i should repost my comment from gametrailers here:

Sneaksie said: Guys, this trailer was made for promotion of the game (obviously) and for fun, not to start T-34 vs. Panther holy war. Discussing whether one tank should've knocked out the other or vice versa in a game trailer is very much like arguing about who would win - Superman or Spiderman :)And the game itself isn't a tank sim, it's a real-time (pausable) wargame (but visibility, ballistics and damage modelling are on simulation level). If you are interested in things like armor sloping, it's effect on APHE and APCBC rounds, ricochetes and other detailed stuff like that, you should definitely try the demo (currently only in Russian and old but there is a fan translation). You can press F4 during the game to see detailed hit info.

And for the record, it seems that your understanding of WW2 armor is completely FUBAR if you think that a 76mm round couldn't penetrate 65mm armor at close range. Take your insults about Russian propaganda and developers elsewhere.

So, if this is not russian propaganda? How comes the hammer and sickle symbol on the top of the shell? Why can a T34 mod 43 driving at full speed and hitting the upper hull of the panther? Why the heck the Panther gunner do not hit a big target comming straight in front of his optic? Why does the shell fired from the panther cannon a ballistic curve on 50 meters? Why does the driver of the panther drive back? Its not necessary? Where is the rest of the panther platoon? Where is the german infantry? Why the T34 is not been sighted earlier by the panther commander?

You see, this vid is full of arcarde and unrelistic facts. Isn it your company that write down on your flag: This game is relistic? The trailer is far away from any any realistic and historic facts.

For the russian market this trailer should be good marketing, but for us combat mission players, is this a smash in our face.

Penetration Data for the 76.2mm F-34 L / 42 is @ 30° under 100 meters with BR-350 A ammunition (at Ballistic Cap!!!) 64-63mm and with BR-350 B (at Balllistic Cap!!!) 67-66 mm. This is definetly not dangerous for a panther.

So, if this is not russian propaganda? How comes the hammer and sickle symbol on the top of the shell?

I don't know, ask the artist?

Why can a T34 mod 43 driving at full speed and hitting the upper hull of the panther?

Why it couldnt? And it hit the lower hull or even the bottom of the tank.

Why the heck the Panther gunner do not hit a big target comming straight in front of his optic?

He was too proud of his invincible tank?

Why does the shell fired from the panther cannon a ballistic curve on 50 meters?

Artistic representation?

Why does the driver of the panther drive back?

He suddenly recalled that side armor of his invincible tank is 40mm thick?

Its not necessary?

He decided it is?

Where is the rest of the panther platoon?

Wiped out as well as the rest of T-34 platoon?

Where is the german infantry?

In the same place where Russian infantry is?

Why the T34 is not been sighted earlier by the panther commander?

T-34 moved behind cover?

You see, this vid is full of arcarde and unrelistic facts. Isn it your company that write down on your flag: This game is relistic? The trailer is far away from any any realistic and historic facts.

For the russian market this trailer should be good marketing, but for us combat mission players, is this a smash in our face.

Who the heck you are to speak on behalf of CM community? You don't have even one post in CM forum. If this trailer is smash in the face of anyone, its the smash in the face of nazi propaganda types crying out loud 'Panthers are invincible!'.

Penetration Data for the 76.2mm F-34 L / 42 is @ 30° under 100 meters with BR-350 A ammunition (at Ballistic Cap!!!) 64-63mm and with BR-350 B (at Balllistic Cap!!!) 67-66 mm. This is definetly not dangerous for a panther.

Since we are seriously researching the engagement shown in promotional video clip, it's definitely dangerous for front lower hull of the Panther or it's bottom where the hit is visible or, so to speak, for its hull and turret sides.

Sneaksie,

Do not take these posts seriously, please! And do not get upset!!

The video is one of the coolest and most stylish ones I have ever seen.

The reason for me coming to this conclusion is that I am able to separate, mentally, a promotion video from an in-game video.

Best regards,

Thomm

The promo video is a bit fanciful and the scenario unrealistic, apparently all aimed at the arcade market. But lets hope its just an example of the video producer getting carried away with his own artistic brilliance and forgetting to represent what the game is actually about.

I'm sure there will be more videos that get to the guts of the game, anyway there is always the demo so take heart people :)

Who the heck you are to speak on behalf of CM community? You don't have even one post in CM forum. If this trailer is smash in the face of anyone, its the smash in the face of nazi propaganda types crying out loud 'Panthers are invincible!'.

I think that really was (hitting) below the belt. Why do i have a post in CM forum, to have knowledge of CM? Is that the way to handle criticism of your custumer? Nazi propaganda? You make yourself ridiculous. Nobody have cring out loud "panthers are invincible"?? You can belive me, the only one to have crying out loud is the crew of a T-34 if they sighted a panther... Do you ever take a view on the looses statistic of operation kursk or for the hole world war 2? Somewhere must a overall 1:7 tank looses statistic come from, if that is a relistic and representative vid that shown the historic facts, the looses statistics must be 1:1? Or? If the vid makers have used a P IV instead of a panther, then i have no problem with that vid.

Do you ever heard of the game "Panzer Elite Action"? That's a chalk-and-cheese match with this video...

I think that really was (hitting) below the belt. Why do i have a post in CM forum, to have knowledge of CM? Is that the way to handle criticism of your custumer? Nazi propaganda? You make yourself ridiculous. Nobody have cring out loud "panthers are invible"?? You can belive me, the only one to have crying out loud is the crew of a T-34 if they sighted a panther... Do you ever take a view on the looses statistic of operation kursk or for the hole war? Somewhere must a 1:7 tank looses statistic come from, if that is a relistic and representative vid that shown the historic facts, the looses statistics must be 1:1? Or? If the vid makers have used a P IV instead of a panther, then i have no problem with that vid.

Do you ever heard of the game "Panzer Elite Action"? That's a chalk-and-cheese match with this video...

I just watched the promotional video once more and it looks like the Panther took the hit in the hull. I do believe 76 mm rounds will punch through a Panthers hull at under 100 meters distance without any problems.

The major armor regions of tanks are the turret front -mantlet in particular - and the glacius plate. The hull is a weak spot but not as bad as the sides, back and weakest of all, the top of the turret.

It's interesting to note that at the start of the German offensive the Russian tanks were without a doubt superior equipment. Panthers, Tigers and their variants were developed in response to the threat that the T-34 presented. Looking at the Panthers one can see the resemblance to the design of the T-34.

Germany had better optical systems then the Russians and better armor composition but some of the technology in armor design they copied from the Russians.

After wars end the western allies were stunned to see the T-10 being paraded in Moscow. That was a Tiger killer for sure.

The video for me shows the talents of the artists and programmers working at 1C. Can't wait to see what these gents get up to over the next few years, good job guys.

Прошу прощения, что сообщение на русском, но боюсь электронный переводчик сильно исказит смысл. Если Sneakse или еще кто-то из владеющих языком переведет на английский буду благодарен, если нет используйте гугл, возможно перевод с русского на английский будет более правильный.

Данный ролик был сделан по мотивам советского художественного фильма "Экипаж машины боевой", а фильм в свою очередь по мемуарам ветерана ВОВ Александра Милюкова. По этой ссылке текст отрывка из мемуаров (на русском). А здесь можно посмотреть сам фильм (собственно дуэль с 46:40 ).

Просьба относится к ролику как к художественному произведению, а не как к документальному фильму.;)

Но также хочется сказать, что и реальности и в нашей игре данная ситуация, конечно маловероятна , но возможна.У Пантеры как раз уязвим к огню 76мм орудия, нижний лобовой лист толщиной 65мм, особенно если корма танка провалится как в фильме :).

Страница из книги Максима Коломийца, "Пантеры на курской дуге"

pz5.th.jpg

Цитата, "Одна пантера (бортовой 441) после отхода немцев подверглась обстрелу из 76мм пушки, танка Т-34. Всего было сделано 30 выстрелов бронебойными снарядами, с дистанции 100м. 20 по верхнему и 10 по нижнему лобовым листам. Верхний лист пробоин не имел, в нижнем была только одна пробоина"