Release date?

I was wondering what will be the big difference in this game with SC2. Looks similar and I plan on buying it.

For a quick look at some of the major new features we have the following pages set up:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1486&Itemid=362

Beyond that the world map is new as the orientation has changed and it includes a lot of new terrain types such as jungle, mountain jungles, hills and so on. This release also includes all of the other enhancements since the original SC2 was released such as AI improvements, speed improvements, roads, rails, new unit types such as Destroyers and Rocket Trucks, as well as the newly implemented Carriers with separate Carrier and Air wing strengths.

Lots of changes and improvements as well as the addition of nearly 30+ DECISION events that can change how the game is played each time through :)

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Darkstar One,

Sorry you feel this way and before I replied to this thread I saw that you were directed to the Happy Holidays thread and I guess I mistakenly thought that the info posted there had answered your question.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=90189

Granted I have not mentioned any specific dates in either of these threads and guessing that you are new to the forums you probably are unaware of the fact that yours is not the first time this question has been asked and answered.

Either way, to answer your question more specifically (as I always answer this question), there is no current release date scheduled other than to say we are very close (i.e. we were hoping for Christmas) and as soon as it is ready it will be undoubtedly officially announced.

This answer really is the best answer we can give since it really cannot be more specific than that until the game is finished, and I hope this helps and I thank you for your continued patience.

Hubert

Darkstar - since 2002 it's never been a fixed release date for the sc series. It does'nt work like that with furysoftware games. So no need to get angry everything is under control.

What makes me(and I think I speak for Jerseyjohn too) is the problem to understand the moderating around here. When we are waiting for a game it's ok to discuss ww2 books and what ifs, but as soon the game is released Battlefront more or less looks up everything you posted. I would ask of the moderators to be a bit more layed back and not lock up everything as off topic.

Look at it this way. The longer it takes the better it will be, and hopefully there will be only a few bugs.

I do have to wonder though if this might have been released (title), a little bit too early. There has been speculation about this game for a very long time (every since SC2 v1.08). In conclusion though I'm sure this game will meet if not virtually annihilate it's very high expectations.

Darkstar - since 2002 it's never been a fixed release date for the sc series. It does'nt work like that with furysoftware games. So no need to get angry everything is under control.

What makes me(and I think I speak for Jerseyjohn too) is the problem to understand the moderating around here. When we are waiting for a game it's ok to discuss ww2 books and what ifs, but as soon the game is released Battlefront more or less looks up everything you posted. I would ask of the moderators to be a bit more layed back and not lock up everything as off topic.

No clue what you are referring to.

My main interest is posting on either history or historical what-ifs. The straight nuts and bolts threads on the games are important, but I think the hypotheticals are not only of equal value, but also make the place more interesting for people dropping by trying to decide whether or not to get involved in the community, and to buy one or more of the games.

I haven't been posting here, other than an occasional odd post, for about two years before my recent return, so I'm not going to venture a guess about these forums during that period. But I have to admit I have said, pretty often, at another website, that SC threads were too often locked when they wandered off-topic. The flip side, to be fair, is at that point we tended to be joking around about something and, in the past, I'd put up a lot of photos and cartoons, often much more than was called for, and one way or another threads that still had usefulness wound up being locked. Naturally that sort of thing varied during given years. It was at its worst in the months followed that infamous Christmas Riot. I'll stand beside Kuniworth on that point but I need to add I don't see that happening now, nor, apparently, does Kuni or anyone else.

I think the forum needs posters from one end of the spectrum to the other: those who only post about game mechanics and play issues, those who only post about historical topics, and the vast majority who fall somewhere between the two.

-- SC had something special when people like disorder, Zeries, Archibald, Ghengis of Carthage and a host of like-minded others made posting here a daily activity. Hopefully more of the old timers will come back, joined by new arrivals who also enjoy adding useful posts on a regular basis.

No clue what you are referring to.

I believe this is simply Kuniworth up to his usual agitator self. If he had anything useful to post he would but otherwise he generally likes to see if he can stir the pot... nothing new here on his part and why most of us simply tune him out.

Hubert