Danger (too) close

How game-like! How many times have we dropped artillery on ourselves? I've been seeing more and more real-word video clips that confirm how close CMSF has come to recreating the real thing. And considering how 'successful' I am in the game it's probably good I'm nobody's commander.

You see film clips of WWII of rounds hitting in wet conditions. Throws up clods of mud with very little dirt & dust remaining in the air.

Entirely true. I haven't seen many clips/photos of shells exploding in snow, but I imagine it throws up lots of that too. I have seen lots of shells exploding on contact with or just below the surface of water, and they throw up geysers of that. Some smoke, depending on the shell, lots of water.

Michael

Damn! "Splash,over" yeah no chit

I wonder who messed that up.Must be the guy fresh out of Officers training calling that one in LOL.

Must be a little unnerving but for the Opfor guys in CMSF its like a tradition.They always manage to get a spotting round near their friends just to keep them on their toes.

That A-10 one is nuts too.

I've been a FO for a number of years and stuff like that video happens even in training. Someone doesn't doublecheck the bearing or elevation or the charge bag or the safety officer doesn't doublecheck the plot.

Having one that close is not an experience you forget. It is good that one can laugh about afterwards. I still joke about the time a infantry mortar base plate fired on the wrong target number and dropped 24 rounds of WP on my FO crew in our M113, though it was not so funny at the time.