Remarkable videos from 4/25 ABCT in Afghanistan:

akd

Offtopic, but I took a look at MeatEtr's signaturelink...

Best Arnold movie ever. I went to the movies twice 1988 to watch The Predator. Just an ultimate action movie. 100% testosterone, great characters and big guns.

Even better news is that is's being remade. Robert Rodriguez is Producer.

Ridley Scott is also making a prequel to Alien!

Apparently they are both inspired by how awful AVP was.

Offtopic, but I took a look at MeatEtr's signaturelink...

Best Arnold movie ever. I went to the movies twice 1988 to watch The Predator. Just an ultimate action movie. 100% testosterone, great characters and big guns.

Hehe, yeah a true classic IMO, I saw it in the theatre a few times as well. A pretty original idea for a movie too and the predator creature/character is probably one of the best ever created. Or at least one of the most memorable.

Never realized back then Jesse the body Ventura was the real deal, being a Navy Seal in nam. Oh and yes, his characters mini-gun was unbelievably unrealistic, but you know what, nobody cared, especially when cutting a swath through the jungle like it. :D

"Old Painless is waitin!"

Even better news is that is's being remade. Robert Rodriguez is Producer.

Ridley Scott is also making a prequel to Alien!

Apparently they are both inspired by how awful AVP was.

Ahh sweet, I didn't know about that. Speaking of 80s movies, Red Dawn is being remade and Clash of the Titans too. Oh yeah and a new Tron: Legacy is on the way as well.

Wow, talk about a full hijacking of a thread LOL, sorry OP. :D

Hehe, yeah a true classic IMO, I saw it in the theatre a few times as well. A pretty original idea for a movie too and the predator creature/character is probably one of the best ever created. Or at least one of the most memorable.

Come to think of it, there are many similarities with the first Alien movie. A never before seen invincible monster that's picking of the team-/crewmembers one by one.

Even more similarities: they never should have made any sequels...

PS I'm sorry too akd for the thread hijackin! Great videos!

I cannot stop wondering how the Taleban can miss the helicopter that is circling them for minutes.

Best regards,

Thomm

I'm wondering about this as well, either they are firing from a decent range or there is something in the design to reduce the noise. I know the tail rotor is designed to be quieter than a standard chopper but I don't know about the rest of the machine, the main rotor disk can be loud enough to hear from a good distance on a four blade machine but I'm sure the've worked it out somehow.

I notice the US soldiers turned up much brighter in the Apache sights, is this deliberetly done by some sort of identifier or are my eyes playing with me?

The commentary in the video explains that it is the fabric of the uniforms that causes this effect.

Best regards,

Thomm

I think the apache is designed to minimise noise to the front arc. When I was in the service, our base was adjacent to an air force base that housed 2 apache sqds (in the IDF, Army has no air assets, they are all Airforce). We would sometimes get overflown by them at night and you would suddenly notice them at about 200m distance. Quite freakish really...