Requests for CMSF

SGT_P

Dear Battlefront:

I really have enjoyed CMSF as well as the modules, and the game has steadily improved with each patch. Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to Normandy, NATO, et al.

Could you please add the following to the next CMSF module?

-MRAPs (with all variants)

-M1117s

-Miniguns (on Humvees and MRAPs)

-M14 rifles for designated marksmen

-American special forces infantry formations (Rangers, SF, SEALS)

-"Little Bird" air support

-Support formations (MPs etc)

-Active protection systems for vehicles

-Casualties caused by explosives are dismembered

-UAVs (these assets are now organic at the BN level)

Thank you for your consideration

Rangers are already doable -- just take an IBCT formation, set their experience to Crack, and set equipment on Excellent.

If by "Little Bird" you mean the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior attack helo, then yes, that's already in the game. :D

Explosives include grenades, which don't typically dismember.

Rangers are already doable -- just take an IBCT formation, set their experience to Crack, and set equipment on Excellent.

If by "Little Bird" you mean the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior attack helo, then yes, that's already in the game. :D

Explosives include grenades, which don't typically dismember.

The "Little Bird" is the OH-6. In attack configuration it typically carries 2 x miniguns and 2 x rocket pods.

Re: dismemberment you are right. On the other hand, sometimes small arms fire can dismember. I would just like to see the casualties be more realistic. Wounded should scream etc. I understand that this is a particular design choice on BattleFront's part but I think it is an important part of the experience on the battlefield and would like to see it included. Just my 2 cents.

Dear Battlefront:

I really have enjoyed CMSF as well as the modules, and the game has steadily improved with each patch. Keep up the good work, I am looking forward to Normandy, NATO, et al.

Could you please add the following to the next CMSF module?

-MRAPs (with all variants)

-M1117s

-Miniguns (on Humvees and MRAPs)

-M14 rifles for designated marksmen

-Support formations (MPs etc)

-Active protection systems for vehicles

-UAVs (these assets are now organic at the BN level)

Thank you for your consideration

I would like the Miniguns, MRAPS & the active protection for vehicles. I don't know how hard it would be to code that last one. I consider I'm using an UAV when I search out entrenchments with my mouse. I'm not sure but wouldn't a true use of an UAV in game play upset the balance of play?

They only have two hardpoints, so the loadout you list would be impossible. In practice, they'd be much the same as the Kiowas already in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_H-6

Armament

Guns: Two M60 or M134 Minigun 7.62 mm machine guns; Two .50 cal (12.7 mm) MG pods

Rockets: Fourteen 2.75 in (70 mm) Hydra 70 rockets in two pods

Missiles: Four TOW missiles in two pods; Four Hellfire missiles in two pods

Some good suggestions.

I think it was mentioned in another thread that the MRAP would not be included because it is a vehicle that is designed more for the peace-keeping patrol stage of an anti-insurgency operation, rather than for the initial conventional combat stage. The M1117 probably falls in this category as well.

Miniguns would be nice, but U.S. special forces units should be included first. Even though CMSF isn't focused on SF operations, there are still some types that can be effectively simulated.

"Little Bird" I thought was already included as an option for the light air support role, but as someone said, maybe it is the Kiowa which is similar enough in function for me.

Active protection systems would be cool but I don't think they are in service yet with U.S. forces. Doesn't the IDF use them already?

Casualty dismemberment isn't too important to me, but what I think would add a lot of immersiveness to the game would be the severely injured (red circle) units having a small moving/writhing animation while they are on the ground to distinguish them from dead soldiers.

+1 for UAVs, but their effect can already be kind of simulated by increasing intel at the start of the mission so you have indications of where enemy forces are in the beginning.

Some good suggestions.

I think it was mentioned in another thread that the MRAP would not be included because it is a vehicle that is designed more for the peace-keeping patrol stage of an anti-insurgency operation, rather than for the initial conventional combat stage. The M1117 probably falls in this category as well.

Miniguns would be nice, but U.S. special forces units should be included first. Even though CMSF isn't focused on SF operations, there are still some types that can be effectively simulated.

"Little Bird" I thought was already included as an option for the light air support role, but as someone said, maybe it is the Kiowa which is similar enough in function for me.

Active protection systems would be cool but I don't think they are in service yet with U.S. forces. Doesn't the IDF use them already?

Casualty dismemberment isn't too important to me, but what I think would add a lot of immersiveness to the game would be the severely injured (red circle) units having a small moving/writhing animation while they are on the ground to distinguish them from dead soldiers.

+1 for UAVs, but their effect can already be kind of simulated by increasing intel at the start of the mission so you have indications of where enemy forces are in the beginning.

I know the IDF use the active protection system in the Merkava 4. Its called TROPHY:

http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Trophy_active_protection_system

Re: dismemberment you are right. On the other hand, sometimes small arms fire can dismember. I would just like to see the casualties be more realistic. Wounded should scream etc. I understand that this is a particular design choice on BattleFront's part but I think it is an important part of the experience on the battlefield and would like to see it included. Just my 2 cents.

There is a small sound mod on the Repository that adds some screams and profanity if that's what you are looking for.

• 1 year later...

There should be an upgrade to the M1114s for both the USA and USMC. Either to have the new M1151s or one of the MRAP vehicles in use today. Also...would like to have this vehicles provide protection and firepower for the IBCT, tired of seen soldiers on foot all over the place moving to their lethal destination. An SF unit won't be so bad too, with Little Bird support and specialized HMMWVs or MRAPs to give it realism. UAVs loaded with heavy weaponry would surely upset the balance but...hey, who wants a fair fight when you want to pick a side? As well as an option for aircraft to provide over watch and aggresive support...you know...to keep the blue guys safe.