BUGs

Some things I noticed while playing the game in RT. Perhaps they are deliberate game features which just happen to be annoying or they are real bugs.

- When trying to directly target an enemy unit sometimes the enemy unit's icon disappears for a second or two.

- When entering a particular room one or two soldiers of a squad move on into the next room or leave the house (some times accidently exposing themselves to enemy fire). This feature/bug is VERY annoying and makes CQB more frustrating than it's already is.

- I noticed that during an artillery bombardment, shells fired by the challenger slowed down (like bullet time) before hitting the target.

Some things I noticed while playing the game in RT. Perhaps they are deliberate game features which just happen to be annoying or they are real bugs.

- When trying to directly target an enemy unit sometimes the enemy unit's icon disappears for a second or two.

I've seen this too and sometimes it's not just for a second!

1 - Sounds like an enemy unit going in and out of your LOS. I would wager (correct if I'm wrong) but when you see that happening and watch the enemy unit up close that only 1 man is spotted not the entire unit. When I have seen this that has been the case. What I do when I see it during real time play is briefly lay down so area fire on the spot and sometimes the bad guy will pop his head up and then you can target directly. Ifyou are targeting armour you can do this too and sometimes close is good enough when firing a 120mm shell.

2 - I have not seen this in a very long time. I just ran a test using the publiclyreleased demo and couldn't reproduce it. I used each movement speed and in eachcase theywent into the building and stayed there. So Ithink one of 2 things is happening to you. Either there are other factors (which I wouldn't be able to tell without seeing a save game file of the situation) or there is a bug and what I was doing to test it was not what triggers the results you got. I did a save game of each movement into the building in case you wanted to see whatI did and compare it to the situation you were in.

3 - Never saw that. You mean like a Matrix type thing? That sounds like it will take more time to recreate with the demo scenario but I'll see what I can do.

#3 does sound like an overtaxed system, although I guess you could say that about all of them.

TBH I never play RT so have never come across them. If you have a save just before one of them happens could you re-run it with all the settings set to "fastest" and see if they still happen?

If they do, send me the game and I'll make a bug report.

What spec system are you running BTW? Are you definitely at 1.11?

Actually, test this after 1.20 and if you still get it, then send me the save.

Cheers.

Actually, a form of number two happened to me during the demo.

I had a brit squad enter the largest building, that makes up the police compound, and they did some odd stuff.

The men seemed to ignore the door, and walked through the walls. And after entering the room one guy walked outside.

Lenovo SL 500

IntelĀ® Core2 Duo CPU T5870 @ 2.00GHz

NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS 256MB

4,00 GB RAM

I usually have 30-40 FPS and when a lot is happening occasionally 25 FPS.

#1 is definitely a change from how things were in CMSF:Marines. I don't know how to reproduce the bug, it just happens some time.

I had a brit squad enter the largest building, that makes up the police compound, and they did some odd stuff.

The men seemed to ignore the door, and walked through the walls. And after entering the room one guy walked outside.

Same here. But since I was playing RT all I could do was have the feeling that something went wrong in there. In the end I thought that I misplaced a waypoint, but now that I am not the only one that saw this, perhaps a closer investigation should be performed.

Unfortunately, I de-installed the demo already to keep me from playing it day and night! :D

Best regards,

Thomm

The compound movement thing could be chalked-up to 'designer error', somewhat. Just because you can butt dissimilar sized buildings at odd angles inside of an irregular-shaped confined space doesn't mean you should (this advice from a guy who once constructed a 100+ butting building shopping mall scenario ;)). Add to that blasting the compound with 155mm before entering and there's no wonder the AI takes the occassional wrong turn.