Balance mod

Panzerschlange

Okay forgive me for the possibly stupid question - But how is this intended for a game that isn't released yet?

Also, why is it not available for the original ToW 2? Would it just take too much time to make the changes for the original as well as the expansion?

I was actually holding off installing this because i was hoping the Churchill would be added in the next update.

But if we have to wait for Centauro before this patch works then i'll have to wait even longer. I prefer to finish the game "as is" before trying out mods.

All that aside, thanks for continuing with this project :) Really aren't enough mods out there for this great game.

EDIT - Um, i could of sworn there was a big post regarding the latest 1.3 version update? Was i imagining it?...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For installation it is necessary to have game Theatre of War 2 versions 1.3.0

http://rapidshare.com/files/284093559/balance_mod129.exe.html

Install:

Backup your MISSIONS, AI and DATA folders.

Point your Africa1943 folder during the installation.

You should got 3DOBJ, Samples, Presets folders;

UNITS, GUNS, ITEMS subfolders in your DATA folder;

and 14 new subfolders in your MISSIONS\MP_LIST folder.

You may need to replace the file MISSIONS\MP_LIST\TEXT.UTF8

by TEXT.UTF8-EN.

Unistall:

Run uninstall.exe.

Features:

* New balanced costs for all units.

* Tracks and wheels are stronger now.

* New units added:

- Churchill NA 75, Valentine IX and Matilda II infantry tanks

- Bishop SPG

- StuG 40F/8 SPG (the forward armor 50+30=80mm)

- 17 pdr Pheasant ATG

- Faustpatrone team (multiplayer only)

- PIAT team (multiplayer only)

- Ranger team armed with 7,62mm Johnson

- British commandos

- Fallschirmjager with FG.42

- Bren and Browning MG infantry teams

- Boys ATR team

* The magazines capacity corrected for the German 20mm

Flak38 and 20mm Kwk38 cannons.

* The ammoload of ATR PzB.39 corrected from 10 to 50.

* Texture smoothing on tanks and flaks in close view disabled.

* The machinegunner of BMW or Hanomags now armed with MG34,

not with the rifle.

* New MP missions "Thala", "Kasserine", "Sidi N'Sir" added.

* In all MP missions:

- increased tanks, cars and infantry permissions.

- the Italian armies added.

- the number of the players increased up to 8.

- the recapture time in CTF missions increased from 5

to 15 min

- added Sdkfz250, Sdkfz232, motorcycle, artillery

to the German reserves.

- added different cars and infantry detachments to all sides.

(over 10 units existed in the game but were not used).

- a little bag fixed: an Italian ATR team - the 4th member

had no any weapon in all missions.

- some of the flags moved to a key places.

- some of the spawn points moved to a places where the armies

don't see each other.

The original MP missions marked as (original),

the edited ones - as (balanced).

=================================================================

made by PG monster, St.Andrey, Svarrogg

thanx to Slava, Schreder.

http://wio.ru

pg_monster@mail.ru

Well i'm glad my mind wasn't playing tricks on me - Still a bit confused as to how the mod was made for Centauro, thought maybe a few people were lucky enough to already have a copy. :P

Good to know the mod is ready for when it does get released though.

Thanks for posting the update for the original game St Andrey, will have to check this out tonight. :)

Thanks for the mod, but there seems some unnecessary confusion. The file available for download at the link specified says "BALANCE MOD ver.1.3 (for Centauro only)"... so we can't use it now unless we have Centauro? Or is that just a remnant of the old file's description? Has anyone tried installing "balance13.exe" anyway over TOW2 patch 1.3.0 to see what happens? Thanks for any info.

Just enter the code from picture into the field above the green button and click the button.

Thanks Sneaksie, I have download the balancemod file and load in my game and it works, I can find and use the new tanks in the order of battle of any single mission and play it.

But I don't understand because I cannot find the new tanks (Matilda, Chuchill, Stug etc.) in the mission-campaign editor.

Maybe, there are files to edit o to make configuration.

P.S. I have ToW2 ver. 1.3.0. and balanemod129.

I cant download it. When I enter the code Iam redirected to a new page and in the middle stands "balance_mod129.exe ", but nothing happens. Tried it with Firefox and with IE.

In the new page, it shoud you prompt (in string in upper side of the page) to install a new item "YandexBarIESetup". After installation close all windows and start again.

Thanks anyway Sneaksie, but the link doesn't work! :(

Thanks Sneaksie, I have download the balancemod file and load in my game and it works, I can find and use the new tanks in the order of battle of any single mission and play it.

But I don't understand because I cannot find the new tanks (Matilda, Chuchill, Stug etc.) in the mission-campaign editor.

Maybe, there are files to edit o to make configuration.

P.S. I have ToW2 ver. 1.3.0. and balanemod129.

You have balance_mod129.exe?? Please, could you (or anybody who has it) be so kind as to re-upload it somewhere (rapidshare, megaupload, filefront, etc.) as I have been attempting to get this file for several days now with no luck. Thanks!

In the new page, it shoud you prompt (in string in upper side of the page) to install a new item "YandexBarIESetup". After installation close all windows and start again.

Are you saying that people need to install "YandexBar" to download the mod?? I'm sorry but if that's the case then forget it, there's no way I'm doing that.

Originally Posted by Sneaksie

Correct link to mod for ToW 1.3.0:

http://narod.ru/disk/13480073000/bal...od129.exe.html

1.Click on the link.

2.Put the numeric code given in the box.

3.Click the green "Скачать " button.

4.Uncheck this box - has a little martini looking glass next to it.

Установить Яндекс.Бар.

С Яндекс.Баром вам не понадобится вводить контрольные цифры при скачивании файла. Устанавливая и используя данное ПО, вы соглашаетесь с условиями Лицензионного соглашения.

Хотите скачивать файлы еще быстрее?

Установите Firefox или Internet Explorer c новым Яндекс.Баром, и вам не понадобится вводить контрольные цифры.

5.Then click on the link "http://narod.ru/disk/13480073000/balance_mod129.exe.html" that is right above it.

6.Save to your computer

7.Open file and run.

That worked for me!

Are you saying that people need to install "YandexBar" to download the mod?? I'm sorry but if that's the case then forget it, there's no way I'm doing that.

Same here. I somewhere read that this thing is classified as spyware. So Ill pass on this mod.

I dont read russian but i am not sure where you guys are getting this spyware install thing from. If you follow the instructs that I posted you will just download the file. Extract the file and all that is in it is the files you need for the balance mod. There is no .exe file for spyware included????

This is what will install if you do not check the box as I instructed above. So just uncheck and you are golden.

To establish a Yandex. A bar.

About a Yandex. A bar you do not need to enter estimated figures at uploading a file. Establishing and using given ON, you agree with conditions

this is probably a moot point just for you. I can download the file just fine. I will look into putting it up on the REPOSITORY. This will eliminate all the problems.

edit:

Look to the Repository if you need it. I uploaded. Hope it works for you.

Oops, sorry. I just checked my HOSTS file and narod.ru was in there! ahem :D Strange though, I was sure I had downloaded a file from there once before, oh well, my mistake. Thanks very much for uploading the mod. Excellent job! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...