New Screens of Brit module!

I think what you're referring to Scipio is that in some terrain soldiers slow down. Now, the animation DOES slow down, too, to match the speed, but the animation has been made assuming a certain specific speed, and therefore it may look a little odd at times. You know, the guy is hunched too far forward for going pretty slow, or he's raising his knees too high etc. It's subtle but the human brain is very good at picking up even tiny irregularities in motions and in other humans, which is making it difficult to do a credible simulation the further down in scale you go. If we were doing an FPS, that would be another thing and much higher up on the priority list to fix than it is now. (having said that, from what I remember - it's been some time in fact that these went in - running, walking, hunting etc. have been re-done)

Ah, thanks for explaining. I'm looking forward to 1.2 :)

New animations look very nice! However I for one am a bit more interested in that tantalising comment about 'dismountable heavy weapons'.....care to elaborate? Is this like taking vehicle-mounted M240/M2/Mk19's etc and then having the crew operate them independantly?

It's something like that...

I´ve got to say that a lot of new animations were made specifically for the British Module. Of course not all, the wall jumping is an example of a new animation that is there for soldiers of any nationality.

Mostly the issue with the British module was due to the configuration of the SA80 which has the clip behind the pistol grip. This makes holding the weapon for walking, firing and basically everything quite different from holding the standard US rifle.

There is also other issues, like the mortar animation. The 51mm mortar is generally used by a single soldier and is held in one hand while the other hand uses a trigger to fire the mortar. That obviously required a new animation.

-

'Shorts sleeves' runs into a bit of a problem with the textures. We've got randomly selected head/hand textures being mated to a common body/uniform. British army's mixed ethnic and there was just no easy way to match up the hands of a Bermuda commonwealth Briton with the pale freckled forearms of a Northern Irish lad. Yes, it could've been done with a lot of work, but sleeves rolled up is not exactly tactically relevant. ;)

In extreme heat and sun, you stay cooler with long sleeves.

An ignorant Westerner visiting the Middle East will wear shorts and a T-shirt, thinking this wardrobe combo is most suitable for keeping cool. He looks at the traditionally clad Middle Easterner, wearing layered head-to-toe robes, and thinks him rather overdressed. The Middle Easterner, on the other hand, thinks the Westerner dangerously underdressed.

The more skin is exposed, the more skin there is to absorb heat. (Though there is the converse, that skin also radiates heat.) The more skin is covered, the better protected it is from heat, and its ability to radiate heat is not too significantly impaired. The trick about the traditional Middle Eastern layered robes is that they trap thin layers of air between the sunlight-heated air and your skin, providing insulation against heat.

In the desert, one encounters four sources of heat:

1. Direct sunlight.

2. Reflective heat (sunlight reflected off the ground).

3. Conductive heat (heat radiating from ground).

4. Hot wind.

In my opinion, it should completely change all the animations in the game today.

Add the animation of the mortar or the jump of the wall, in my opinion does not solve the problem.

must re-create, for example the way here are the soldiers on their knees, or when running! and all static positions, that is when they are standing still or in the knee.

would be much more realistic if it were issued an update for now to the animations

are only small improvements that I think would improve the game greatly, while remaining one of the most fun.

regards

In my opinion, it should completely change all the animations in the game today.

Add the animation of the mortar or the jump of the wall, in my opinion does not solve the problem.

must re-create, for example the way here are the soldiers on their knees, or when running! and all static positions, that is when they are standing still or in the knee.

would be much more realistic if it were issued an update for now to the animations

are only small improvements that I think would improve the game greatly, while remaining one of the most fun.

regards

I don't think redoing the animations for the entire game would make it any more realistic. In fact, animations have nothing to do with realism. FPS games have good animations, and by far and large are NOT realistic.

I'm glad to have new animations, but I'd rather BFC focus on other areas of the game, which is what seems like they are doing.

I guess you might under-estimate how much work is required for these "small improvements".

I don't think redoing the animations for the entire game would make it any more realistic. In fact, animations have nothing to do with realism. FPS games have good animations, and by far and large are NOT realistic.

I'm glad to have new animations, but I'd rather BFC focus on other areas of the game, which is what seems like they are doing.

I guess you might under-estimate how much work is required for these "small improvements".

depends on what we mean by realism.

In my opinion, realism is the ability of a game to give you the feeling as close to the real

Animations can now be taken to another close game to the real

I believe that the animations are essential to increase the realism of the game.

Have you ever seen a soldier lying on the ground and shoot while another is perfectly in front of the knees?

Things that are unfortunately in CMSF is often, I do not have a great military experience.

I was an officer of mountain artillery ,and some things in CMSF never fails in reality.

The game can be beautiful, but then begins to list all the negative things, the final assessment will be low.

This is not the case of CMSF, but if you improve this aspect, it would be perfect.

while remaining one of the most beautiful games

regards

An ignorant Westerner visiting the Middle East will wear shorts and a T-shirt, thinking this wardrobe combo is most suitable for keeping cool. He looks at the traditionally clad Middle Easterner, wearing layered head-to-toe robes, and thinks him rather overdressed. The Middle Easterner, on the other hand, thinks the Westerner dangerously underdressed.

The more skin is exposed, the more skin there is to absorb heat. (Though there is the converse, that skin also radiates heat.) The more skin is covered, the better protected it is from heat, and its ability to radiate heat is not too significantly impaired. The trick about the traditional Middle Eastern layered robes is that they trap thin layers of air between the sunlight-heated air and your skin, providing insulation against heat.

In the desert, one encounters four sources of heat:

1. Direct sunlight.

2. Reflective heat (sunlight reflected off the ground).

3. Conductive heat (heat radiating from ground).

4. Hot wind.

Exactly.

Anyway, I stayed cool by being soaked to the knees in sweat, so that's a technique too....;)

Better animation is not better realism, it is better "game immersion".

Better animations may make someone think the game is more "real" or accurate when in fact the underlying engine could have the most simple and trivial physics or combat model that it makes "Pole Position" look like a million dollar F1 simulator.

Kind of like boasting about a 1-1 bullet simulator for 2 years then telling us every PC game is abstracted.