Isn't it cute how we used to have to end Peng Challenge threads before the 300th post

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, we are going to retire to his back patio, there, to smoke cigars, drink rum, and read 'Uncle Remus' out loud.

We're in a competition to see to see who can read children's stories 'out loud' better...

Obviously, the winner was not the neighbors.

And he's not one of the "cool" vegetables either. He's not asparagus or broccoli and he's not one of the "hip", ethnic vegetables like okra.

He's sort of like... cauliflower isn't he? Off-white, no real flavor. Kind of an annoying texture. And as in real life, he doesn't mix well with others, so he's seldom included in soup, unless it's as some kind of filler material. Like barley, but without the pizzazz.

And don't even try to bring up cream of cauliflower soup, because that's just wrong, wrong, wrong.

Much like Papa Kahn.

And in the great vegetable tray of life, he's the one that's always left at the end, just like cauliflower. The broccoli's all gone, except for a few tiny pieces of shrapnel. The sliced peppers have all been scarfed down, likewise stalwart celery with it's excellent dipping potential. All that's left is ugly, lumpy, misshapen, ambiguous cauliflower.

Oh, and Papa Kahn.

I'm not feeling super-sociable lately so I think I'm going to skip out on Saturday, Lars. Hoist a few for me.

Been spending a lot of time with Seanachai lately, have we? That'll do it to you.

Although, when I spend time with him, I find that I develop an aversion to the lower phylums.