Real Players? Help.

Hey I’m Raiton and I’m new to the forum and the Battlefront series (games). Combat Mission: Shock Force looks awesome and what I’ve read it sounds really good. But I’ll rather hear comments from actual players, so if you guys could help me out and give me like a definition of the game from your prospective.

Hey I’m Raiton and I’m new to the forum and the Battlefront series (games). Combat Mission: Shock Force looks awesome and what I’ve read it sounds really good. But I’ll rather hear comments from actual players, so if you guys could help me out and give me like a definition of the game from your prospective.

Hi Raiton,

Clavicula_Nox is right, it's a huge game. I was never in the military but have learned tons by playing the game & coming to the forums & asking questions. There a lot of good & knowledgeable people here that would be glad to help you out. I really enjoy the game & I ask questions on things new to me or things I'm not sure about. Play away & ask away, the forum members will help you out.

Combat Mission: Shock Force looks awesome and what I’ve read it sounds really good.

There is a demo available so feel free to test it yourself. :)

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=42&Itemid=233

Combat Mission series is not a game for everyone. But if you fall on love with it, you can't live without it. It's like chess with much nicer board and pieces. First time I tried 1.0 CMSF I didn't like it that much. But I tried second time with Marines modules and fall on love with it. Can't actually find anything what to complain about it.

If you like real tactics and more realistic wargames this is THE game for you. Try Marines demo before you buy it.

I'm a long time player who's been playing since 1.0. I love the game for a few reasons:

1. It's the most realistic tactical wargame ever made for the pc. Find a better one.

2. With a scenario editor. texture and sound mods, you can make almost any battle that involves US troops against Russian equipment.

3. It's great if you're interested in learning about tactics and solving puzzles.

4. They never stop working on it. It gets better all the time and won't stop. They have big plans for this with 4 modules (5 counting the original). Then on to v2.

If you like realism, this is the game for you. There is no better.

Is there a specific campaign? And I heard the battles are open world. Oh and I'm a really big RTS fan...I mean big. I only play RTS games on my PS3 but not all of them are good. So I'm looking for something thats not set in the future but in the present. They need to seriously stop making futuristic RTS games

Is there a specific campaign? And I heard the battles are open world. Oh and I'm a really big RTS fan...I mean big. I only play RTS games on my PS3 but not all of them are good. So I'm looking for something thats not set in the future but in the present. They need to seriously stop making futuristic RTS games

You can play this in real time, but it needs to noted that this game is very, very different than the typical RTS. RTSs consist of multi-tasking at a fast pace and making massed attacks where you just throw units at the other player and then let them do their thing. Do this in CMSF and you will lose very quickly because the game has a high emphasis on realism.

I'll echo the others here and say try out the demo; until you do, there's no real frame of reference for you to compare to since I'm pretty there are no games like it on the PS3.

The base game comes with one campaign, Task Force Thunder. The expansion, which adds Marines, has another campaign. Players have created many more campaigns which you can download from the Battlefront website. Many of them are as good or better than the stock campaigns, IMO.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by open world. If you mean you can drive from Baghdad to Russia and sight-see along the way, then no. Each battle takes place in a specifically designed map made in a map editor, with the maximum dimension of 4 square kilometers. The map edges are very clearly defined and can't be violated. I think a romp in the demo will show you what I mean.

I just tried the demo and I couldn’t stop playing it. This game is prefect and exactly for me, I haven’t played anything else like it. It’s astonishing and I’ve fallen in love, I ordered my copy from Amazon straight after. I love it.

I just tried the demo and I couldn’t stop playing it. This game is prefect and exactly for me, I haven’t played anything else like it. It’s astonishing and I’ve fallen in love, I ordered my copy from Amazon straight after. I love it.

Check out the Battlefront repository for more scenarios, mods. There is even a little FAQ (shameless plug ;)) which might/might not help you a long.

Raiton,

I'm glad you're enjoying the demo and have ordered the full game. You may also be interested in the Marines module from the Battlefront website. They're a totally different force compared to the Stryker Brigades; stronger in some areas (e.g. rifle-platoon firepower) but weaker in others (Anti-Tank capability, Infantry Fighting Vehicles).

You didn't say where you are from? If you're from the UK, don't forget the British Forces module is just around the corner and will add some really nice units to the game when it comes out.