TOW vs. CMx2 WWII

Why is there going to be a CMx2 WWII if TOW is already available ?

they both are suppose to be 1 to 1 in scale to fight say Platoon size engagements.

What are going to be the main differences between the two ?

I don't know, but for some reason when TOW came out I thought it was the 1 to 1 scale that BF was looking for.

It is actually an elaborate scheme on the part of Battlefront to get you to purchase the same game twice! They really are the same game, with just some small changes in these inconsequential areas:

-graphics

-game play

-interface

-multiplayer

-units

-editor

-WEGO

-and the entire development team

But other than that, they are really the same thing. For example, they both feature tanks and Nazis! I kid you not!

:)

Seriously, the two games should be seen as complimentary, not mutually self exclusive. The focus is very different, not to mention the developers :D It's like two good spy films... each is different, one perhaps more to the linking of one person vs. another person. Some people will want to rush out and see both within days of each other, while some people rather watch other things inbetween.

As they say, variety is the spice of life! If there is one thing Wargaming tends to lack, it's spice. If we had a third WW2 game at the tactical level which had a different feel to it, we'd be happy to publish that right along with TOW and CM.

Steve

Thanx Steve,

Kinda figured they were two seperate game systems that would compliment each other.

Now...it would be great if BF develops a Platoon level game ( each unit equals a Platoon ) similar to John Tiller's Campaign Series ( the old East/West front II ).

This way BF would have developed a 1 to 1 level ( CMx2 ), squad level ( CMx1 ), and Platoon level ( CMx whatever ).

I have the original TOW. Both TOW and TOW II are about platoon level games as mentioned. There is more of an emphasis on individual soldier control and no pre-defined squads at least as least in comparison to CMSF.

It lacks most of the TAC AI nuances that CMSF boasts and plays better (IMO) as an armor game. It's a good bridge between a less sophisticated type of RTS and Combat Mission.

If you like being able to control individual soldiers, you'll probably enjoy it, but don't expect to be able to have (or control) the number of units you sometimes see in CMSF's larger battles. I once had a quick battle with ~1700 Syrian irregulars....If you tried that in TOW, the game engine would implode.