Battlefront.com joins EU after 2010

Sergei

According to Igor Panarin, USA will break up in a civil war starting next year.

California will form the nucleus of what he calls "The Californian Republic," and will be part of China or under Chinese influence. Texas will be the heart of "The Texas Republic," a cluster of states that will go to Mexico or fall under Mexican influence. Washington, D.C., and New York will be part of an "Atlantic America" that may join the European Union. Canada will grab a group of Northern states Prof. Panarin calls "The Central North American Republic." Hawaii, he suggests, will be a protectorate of Japan or China, and Alaska will be subsumed into Russia.

P1-AO116_RUSPRO_NS_20081228191715.gif

I find it somewhat ironic that he appreas to believe China, Russia, Mexico and EU to be more stable and integrated entities than USA, and they would also remain that way following the collapse of the biggest superpower and the whole world economy and balance of power.

But obviously the guy's insane. My reading of Nostradamus reveals that the civil war will not start until 2012!

As a Canadian, I'd like to know where and how I can vote to reject the absorption of the 'Central North-American Republic', by my nation. We have enough trouble with the Quebecois and their Frenchy ways. I really don't think that we could deal with Americans and their Americanised-English. It'd be a disaster were we to associate overmuch with the 'CNAR'.

It's colour or couleur not color, for cripessakes!

I don't think the CNAR stands much of a chance for greatness, the new republic of Mexafornia, led by El Presidente Schwartzenagger now thats a recipe for success!

I don't place much faith in his map anyway, South Florida would certainly end up being a colony of New York City.

I don't think the CNAR stands much of a chance for greatness, the new republic of Mexafornia, led by El Presidente Schwartzenagger now thats a recipe for success!

I don't place much faith in his map anyway, South Florida would certainly end up being a colony of New York City.

There was never a New Austria, I don't think. Now is as good of time as ever.

By "South Florida" you mean Havana?

Nah, Miami, Fort Lauderdale; it is so overrun with relocated/retired New Yawkers they dominate the local culture. Between the deli's and resturants, it's much like the city, albeit with oppresive heat/humidity and alligators- well i guess they have alligators in the sewers in NYC, so it is a lot alike.

When my folks lived down there, I always made a special stop for provisions before heading back up here, to the hinterlands- pastrami and corned beef to die for.

This sort of tripe has been the stuff of Russian nationalists' wet dreams for years. They wish! They really are, for the most part, not very well schooled on American society and politics.

Economics is a different thing - I had a Russian banker friend asking me almost 3 years ago about the implications of the coming American housing finance market collapse. He saw it long before the geniuses on Wall Street and Pennsylvania Avenue ever figured out what was happening. So some of them understand our economics pretty well.

The real problem is that, even with this knowledge, they still haven't figured out the "American character." They know our science, our business techniques, our military secrets and probably who is sleeping with whom in Washington - but they still haven't "grokked" the U.S.A. (thanks, Mr. Heinlein.)

But this drivel does serve a purpose over there, in the usual role of giving the media and the politicians something else to focus upon while their own economy goes into the sewer and their governance by law is ground under the heels of Putin and his followers.

As much as many individuals and groups within the United States complain, rant, rave, and protest about injustices and problems within the United States, in fact they're too well-fed and prosperous to feel compelled to actually do anything about it beyond ranting and protesting and such. As far as I can tell, it's actually this prosperity that affords them the time to write vilifying blog entries and stage protests and whatever. (In countries/regions were poverty and oppression are the norm, people actually feel compelled to pick up their Kalashnikovs and overthrow stuff.) Like all the hippies who blithely proclaim support for the impoverished and oppressed the world over, yet even relatively poor hippies in the United States enjoy a standard of living way higher than those they claim to be 'fighting' for.

And it seems that Prof. Panarin is applying wishful-thinking: the USSR collapsed and broke apart, so it's understandable that Russians would wish that the same happen to the USA. Doesn't every former empire long for a return to its former glory of having dominion over thousands of millions of people, of controlling vast natural resources, of fielding a huge and powerful army, and of enriching its higher-ups beyond the dreams of avarice?

Doesn't every former empire long for a return to its former glory of having dominion over thousands of millions of people, of controlling vast natural resources, of fielding a huge and powerful army, and of enriching its higher-ups beyond the dreams of avarice?

Not only former empires, but would-be and wanna-be empires as well. That doesn't leave very many nations out, does it?

Michael

This sort of tripe has been the stuff of Russian nationalists' wet dreams for years. They wish! They really are, for the most part, not very well schooled on American society and politics. (snips)

We should not blame the Russians, even if they are a bit paranoid and dig too much about conspiracy theories (who wouldn't, if exposed to the Russian history and culture?), but this line of thinking is more indicative about how the leftists/liberal circles both sides of the Atlantic 'see' things instead of the Russian national character.

A wet dream, or somefink.

Really, I thought it was more like some NRA/Tom Clancy/Chuck Norris/any other rightwing nut fantasy. Guess I never recognized Red Dawn correctly as communist propaganda!

Did this story include some version of National Redoubt or not?

It's elementary, Dr. Watson! Was it Mr. Norris or somebody else who posted this piece?

This and other stories put forward by the "useful idiots" fit seamlessly to the overall fabric of "anti-globalisation/market economy" themes, only delivery style and methods sometimes differ, ranging from Naomi Klein to the western cooperative parties of the former Soviet and current Russian "securocrats", despite the latter being from a different political platform.

In light of recent ethnoreligiopolitical developments, perhaps Tom Clancy wouldn't be too off-base to write a novel entitled Red Crescent, in which Russian ultranationalists ally with Islamist extremists to destabilize the West through terrorism in attempts to pave the way for much conquering. =P