Random funny moments

Just started replaying the TF Thunder campaign (this time, with fewer saves and loads, I promise!) and I had a weird moment in the first mission. I maneuvered one of my MGS Strykers to fire on a single story building within the compound. It just so happened that the angle was such that I was firing directly at the corner of the building... Everytime I fired the 105 mm shell would not explode on contact but rather ricochet off in another direction! :eek: After watching half a dozen rounds bounce off the side of the building, sometimes going up in the air and sometimes coming perilously close to hitting my own troops, I decided I had better reposition... :rolleyes:

Strange to try and imagine big 105 mm shells doing this in the real world, but I suppose it is possible! Anyone have any other funny or random moments to share?

I had a pickup with a DShK firing at the back of a Bradley for some 2 minutes at point blank range. The gun didn't seem to cause any damage and the Bradley didn't seem to care it's being shot at. It just sat there looking down a street.

Eventually the pickup ran out of ammo and the Bradley moved on as if nothing happened.

I was playing one of the Marine campaign scenarios and didn't realize my LAV near a map edge was at the entry point of a platoon of BMP reinforcements.

The three BMPs came on map and the LAV found himself in the middle of a triangle of BMPs. The firing started fast and furious and shortly, the LAV moved away after only taking a non crippling hit from a BMP cannon.

It was hard to tell with the action being so furious, but I believe the BMPs missed the LAV and shot each other up because it was all over in seconds and I can't see the LAV being able to swivel turret that quickly.

I was doing Streets of Hamas when one of my back vehicles led another vehicle right through my convoy.... I mean right through. Never knew mu hummer could hold that AAV or whatever it was that drove right through him and out the other side.

If it wasn't streets of Hamas it was another where you are in a convoy and have to check on some food collections points.

I remember thinking... now damn.... I've read about vehicle pathing problems but I think that driver is saying to hell with this guy in front of me I am coming through....

I once had an RPG fly through the middle of a squad of Marines and detonate on wall immediately behind them. I saw the explosion, dust and debris and the entire squad go down. I thought it was going to be a massacre but when everything settled down only one Marine has suffered a minor injury. They weren't even pinned or rattled.

The other night I put in some new sound files, loaded up a mission, set up, and began to play. A few seconds later, a large BANG went off and I jumped about 6" off my chair!

HAHAHAHAH yeah I know exactly what you mean!! Similar thing to my experience was hunting out a sniper team in a small village and it was deathly quiet. Moved up slowly with an infantry section to flush him out or spot him. Had my headphones on and was totally absorbed listening to what was going on then...BANG my three year old daughter had crept and up slapped me on the head. I jumped a mile and screamed like a little girl, Jack Daniels went one way, dog went the other and Abigail laughed and ran away.

I swear my pixeltruppen were pointing at me and shouting "Joo wuz Pwned"

Mishga hates it when I play Silent Hunter 3 cos I sit stalk still with the headphones on listening to the hydrophones. She just doesn't get it.

During a night urban, RedVsRed scenario, I had 3 BMP parked on the same way along a large road. They were aligned and separated by 100m...

A T-72M1 came at 500m on that road and performed a hat trick in a single shot :eek:

I had something similar happen to me. I made a night battle of "Allah's Fist", playing as the reds I moved my tanks across the short side of the map, only to see two tanks who were riding next to each other impaled by a M1 about 1500m away (from Blue set up zone)!!

An MP game, playing as REDFOR during the mission where they are being attacked from literally all sides, but still have to move out and secure the entryways to the town.

I had a BMP, the sole survivor of the original four or five, that I drove rather aggressively up a hill and used to decimate an infantry squad. After that, Stryker found it's range and started pounding the BMP, killing the gunner. The driver freaked out and apparently slammed the reverse, sending the BMP back down the hill at approximately 90 mph.