Many New QB Maps at Repository

You'll find them at the repository Under CMSF/Base Game/Maps/New and Revised QB maps 01

"88 New or Revised QB Maps. The majority of these are Attack style maps and represent a significant improvement in both imagery and play. When added to CMSF current QB files you should have 200 QB maps"

These new maps specifically address the facing issues often found in Attack QB games. There are many smaller changes that recent forum feed back helped identify. Thanks!

Mark,

Awesome, 199 more things for us to complain about and come up with ideas about how to fix them.

You must be a glutton for punishment....

Been playing some of your scenarios, playing one now where I am going to get my first loss. I made the obvious US mistake and assumed superiority and invincability from the start.

Painful lessons. Unless I have a very skilled HELO there is no way I am coming out on top of this one. Forgot the name but a very challenging city fight over I believe 2 food points. Thought it would be a walk in the park...

What??!?! Only 199? Lazy bugger, keeping the 200th for youself... Grumble, grumble...

:) Does that fulfill the requirement to complain about all things CMSF? :)

Thanks for working on these. If you've done them all, I am speechless. If others assisted, pass some praise their way.

Thanks again,

Ken

...If you've done them all, I am speechless...Ken

Yep...One thing's for sure: If the maps sucks you know EXACTLY who to blame. :)

Speaking of which:

If anyone finds a map that has the AI Not advancing as Attacker or Meeting Engagement please try to get a screen shot of the map with the Victory objectives showing. If you can give additional info (Attack/Meet..City Open, ect that would be a big help tracking them down and fixing them. here is what I THINK is going on:

Occasionally (actually rarely) one of the plans becomes corrupted. It looks right but just doesn't work. I found one such problem and passed on the info to BFC as a bug report. The fix is easy once I can locate which map and which plan (changing it to Do Not Use)...finding it is the real chore.

Mark,

Can you please post your new maps at CMMODS...please...please... pretty please.

Have been trying to download it since yesterday but have been unable.

I can download other mods...but your new maps somehow does not.

I play mostly QB so I really...really...really anxious to try them.

Thanks,

Stingray

I'm finding that the names are the same as qb maps I already have in my QB maps directory. Are these just updated versions of the old ones?

If I have qb maps in a sub-directory of the "Quick Battle Maps" directory, will the game see them still?

These are Both Revised and New maps. You should unzip the file, open the file, select all, cut and paste into your current Quick Battle Maps File folder...select yes/all to overwrite as needed... So That's a NO to the sub directory stuff.