Any one planning on getting the Brits that didn't get the Marines?

Sequoia

Taking this further, if BF really runs out of money, will you start charging us for every round fired in CM?

5.56mm - 1 cent

7.62mm - 2 cents

40mm grenade - 50 cents

120mm APFSDS - $2.00

155mm Howitzer - $2.00 for general, $3.00 for airburst, $1.50 for smoke

Javelin missile - $10.00 per pop?

Double price for textured ammo, of course...

That would make ammo conservation a real issue :D

They should take real world prices and sell it as über-grog 'anti-war' game to rich hippies...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I didnt get the Marines module.

Nothing against the grunts. In real life, I think the Marines is an excellent organization. As far as a video game goes, I think their equipment is a step back from the US Army.

Same deal with the Brits. Quality military in real life, but the vehicles and equipment arent my cup of tea.

I'll prob still pick up CMBF though.

An interesting perspective, LT Mike.

I find the USMC (as simulated in CMSF, at least) to be at least as formidable as the US Army. Sure, the Army has more vehicles (and more vehicles which can go toe-to-toe with BMP-1s and -2s), and their M1s are state-of-the-art, and they have a higher Javelin-to-soldier ratio, and they have a wider range of air-support assets (Army and USAF). But what I appreciate perhaps most about the USMC (in CMSF, that is) is that though their air-support assets are relatively few, they range from SuperCobras all the way to F/A-18s, and they are responsive -- an Army JTAC has at best yellow "+" comms with air assets, whereas an USMC FAC has green "+" comms all across the board. With the USMC in-game, I enjoy the tactics of employing vehicles which are few but capable and with infantry which are numerous and heavily-armed.

That said, what I figure I'll enjoy most with the BF module is not so much the British Army vehicles (except for the Jackal and the Challenger) but the air-support assets and the infantry and their capabilities.

I think their equipment is a step back from the US Army.

For infantry fighting in the game, Marines do have a range advantage with their full length M16s. After playing Marines (and Brits) the Army M4 carbine is an unpleasant experience when exchanging fire at the edge of the effective range.

I don't know if the Marines' classic bolt action M40A3 sniper rifle has an accuracy edge over the Army's newer and fancier M110 but it probably should have. I won't debate whether Marines should be classed better or worse, but they're certainly different enough from Stryker brigade. And Brits are different than either of 'em. And usually, playing 'different' is more fun than always playing 'best'.

Not so sound like a salesman, but between Brits and Marines you're missing a minimum of eighty seven battle scenarios (standalone, campaign, and a few 3rd party - counting from my own folder). And the majority of those are head-and-shoulders above the basegame scenarios, simply because the designers had valuable experience under their belts for the modules.

I can understand not getting the Marines or Brits because you're only loyal to your country or something, but the Marines module kicked major ass. The campaign has been adjusted, the scenarios are great, and then there's a ton of great outside scenarios, campaigns ("From Dawn to Setting Sun" stands out), and mods too. A fully loaded Marine squad is a sight to behold when fully engaging the enemy. Having a couple platoons on line lightin' **** up is only that much better.

• 2 weeks later...