[Feature Request] Need "Sleep" mode

I've been suggesting this feature since SC-1. This is needed, it makes game play much faster. Obviously, you must garrison cities, capitals, and other critical spots with units. This garrisoning units stay put for nearly the whole game, so it would be really nice to put them in "Sleep" mode. This way, when using the "n" key (skip unit key), the sleeping units are skipped too.

What good is the "blinking"? That means every turn the units I never move will still be blinking, meaning I must go check on them :) You guys just think you play fast. Remember, this is Legend, the guy who had the timer feature added in SC-2.

Repeat, you just think you're playing fast "scrolling the map". That's garbage. You actually had to push "map" & look around for the remaning pieces that haven't been moved.

THE 'N' KEY is a powerful tool. But not to be confused with the 'N' word.

After I've moved my important pieces, then I start the 'N' key process, it goes rather quick. Nobody is faster than that.

Rambonehead I thought we had this straight by now. You know as well as I that sometimes, very intermittently, the game will freeze up and crash when using the N feature.

I'm with you, I used to use it all the time, but when playing PBEM.......well it leaves a bad taste in your opponent's mouth when they see the reload, even though it may be legitimate.

There's an integrity issue here......so my advice...get over it. For AI games, well if you don't mind starting the turn over, go for it.

Case closed!:P

You know as well as I that sometimes, very intermittently, the game will freeze up and crash when using the N feature.

I never heard of this before, and i never endured such a problem, and i did played my part of SC games in the last couple of years, and no such error, never.

Give us a "sleep" key, and a "p" for previous unit, please, oh mighy Lords of the programm code.

And while you at it: please allow players to read the last game messages after they disapeared from the screen. We are all human beeings (need to eat, to drink, to ...) and it CAN happen that you just missed an important message while you went to the fridge...

Totally agree with the sleep key. I use the overview map as well but there are plenty of units that blink even though I don't want to use them like sentries on remote islands. It would be nice to put them to sleep along with all the Ruskies and then the next key would cycle through all of the other units that haven't moved yet.

Ideally, you could have two modes:

1) Sleep till I woken. You could use that for sentries and Russian troops before they enter the game.

2) Sleep till the end of this turn. For air units that are in bad weather and can't move anyway but you want them back on next turn in case they can move again.

Ideally, you could have two modes:

2) Sleep till the end of this turn. For air units that are in bad weather and can't move anyway but you want them back on next turn in case they can move again.

Actually, it just may be possible to move those air units operationally in bad weather! :D

Actually, it just may be possible to move those air units operationally in bad weather! :D

Right. Or reinforce or upgrade as well. But you only want to have to make that decision once per turn. So having looked at the unit and deciding you don't want to do ANY of those things, it would be nice to be able to hit the 's' key to set it to sleep mode till the end of the turn.

As far as how to implement, I like the 'S' key to cycle through:

1) Sleep to end of turn.

2) Sleep until woken (sentry).

3) Return to normal mode.

@Hubert --- Hmmm, what would be best for consistency for the game? Would this deserve "Set Mode"? for ground units as similar to Subs & Carriers settings?

Then you can add more ground modes, such as "fix bayonets", "run like hell" :)

Also, should there be a 'wake' if a sleeping unit is attacked?