Grant Gun Damaged

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hoolaman,

AFVs with bow MGs keep those in the event of gun damage, leading to such "marvels" as Panther MG carriers. Am hoping CM2 Normandy et al. will allow for discrete modeling of exact weapon destroyed or disabled. After all, this is already done in CMSF. KOing both the sponson mount and the turret on the Grant, Lee and similar is, I believe, an engine limitation necessitated by the code stretch that allowed the inclusion of such tanks in CMAK in the first place, albeit with loss of the useful ability to engage to separate targets at once. No such kluge existed in CMBB, so we lost the T-28, T-35 and other multiturreted heavy tanks. Discrete damage modeling, so prominently on display in TOW, will definitely be an issue when, say, France 1940 arrives on the scene, seeing as how the Char B1 bis has both a proper turret and a peculiar hull mounted gun. ISTR the Germans had some in reserve formations in Normandy, too, in 1944.

Regards,

John Kettler

• 2 weeks later...
No such kluge existed in CMBB, so we lost the T-28, T-35 and other multiturreted heavy tanks.

And I really missed the T-35's absence. Sure, it was incredibly rare, a veritable land-battlewagon, but it was, in it's own way, cool.

jr81a.jpg

The prototype (T-35 on the left; a T-28 on the right):

t35_protot.jpg

I have 3 Grant tanks showing Gun Damage. How do I tell which gun has been damaged? or do both guns go down when it shows gun damage? The tanks are showing no crew casualities.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

In CMx1, "gun damage" is always for all guns including the coax MG but not including the hull MG.