New uniform mod pack released

ChrisND

Hi Normal dude excellent job on the new uniform. I've downloaded your mod but all I see is the woodland camo. How do get the urban(grey) camo to work?

Hmm.. in order to help you, I need to know the exact mods (by name and whether they are marine/army) that you downloaded and have in your Z folder. Then I can check them out to see what is going on. :)

I already put all the brz file in the z folder....are their usage scenario dependent?

No, it should apply to any scenario.

I got it working it seems that I need to put only the file I want to use not all of them at the same time. great Job.

However I have one thing to ask. I used to see blacks in the uniform but now they seem to have gone. Using the AntiNVUrban uniform. Could you bring blacks back? To minimize the impression that my soldiers are clones LOL.

Thanks for the mod it's great! I like it. Coupled with camouflaged weapons the effect to immersion is astonishing.

Here's a question I have to ask:

Why would US soldiers in a hot and sweaty foreign land choose to wear balaklavas? Is identity concealment a real concern for these troops (as opposed to rebels or indigenous forces)?

I'm not being snarky. I'm just wondering if there's some tactical consideration I don't know about.

Because they are about to commit atrocities in front of CNN or they were masquerading as Muslim Arab women but the guns and the vest leave an obvious telltale LOL. And they ride in armors too.

Its aesthetics Martyr....but I'm wondering where have all the blacks gone?

hey why is thatsome of bulletproof vest colored black? Black stores heat and it's like saying I'm here shoot me!

Here's a question I have to ask:

Why would US soldiers in a hot and sweaty foreign land choose to wear balaklavas? Is identity concealment a real concern for these troops (as opposed to rebels or indigenous forces)?

I'm not being snarky. I'm just wondering if there's some tactical consideration I don't know about.

Where you go wrong is the incorrect assumption that foreign lands are always hot and sweaty. :)

Its aesthetics Martyr....but I'm wondering where have all the blacks gone?

hey why is thatsome of bulletproof vest colored black? Black stores heat and it's like saying I'm here shoot me!

Do you mean the black bulletproof vests? They were a stand-in until I made more vest colors. If you wish for the troops to have black vests/gear, download the Urban Assault! pack and swap the vest and ussoldier-molle files.

The mods are not ragtag because that starts to get large file sizes, and if people wish for ragtag they are free and mix and match at will.

Like previously mentioned, they aren't always hot and sweaty, as well as the fact that if you are talking about hot and sweaty, that means SANDSTORMS. Balaclavas i imagine would help to keep sand out of your teeth and nostrils. Identity concealment would be largely trivial i think but balaclavas do have that additional benefit, i suppose.

Special forces and police SWAT style balaclavas are all about intimidation. Imagine two scenarios - #1: a man barges into your house. #2 a masked man barges into your house. That small difference may be enough of a psychological edge to disorient the target long enough to overpower him.

If you're wearing IBA you're hot and sweaty, it's only a matter of how much.

Right.

You are already completely soaked through with sweat within a few minutes, so adding a balaclava isn't going to make it worse.

Heck, being soaked in sweat was the only thing that kept me cool (nature working as intended).

• 1 year later...
I'll look into it. Off-hand I would say I don't have any plans for it, as I'm already plenty busy with other things. But if the UV mapping is the same or nearly identical, making it easier to transfer over... maybe.

Much appreciated - But I understand about never having enough time -